Soft Adventure panniers with strap fastners?

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
HoboBeemer

Re: Soft Adventure panniers with strap fastners?

Post by HoboBeemer »

Thanks everyone,

Fair few option to consider, I do have access to the cheaper Lomo panniers but was worried about reports of them splitting, I guess having a extra strap around the frame and bag would help but then a fair bit of faffing to fit and remove..

I really like the Mosko moto stuff but it is really expensive, I also see a lot of the companies are now making their bags to fit a additional mounting plate that mounts to the loop as oppose to just mounting the bags directly, at 70 odd quid each side that certainly means a substantial outlay ontop of the bags $$$$$$.

I really like my bags to be about the same diameter as the end of the bars but that is going to be very hard due to the GS design, thankfully I tend to pack very very light these days.

A option I would consider but have not seen anyone do, is to have a thinner 31-36Litre Box on the right side of the bike then mount a small Kriega OS 12 liter bag and a Rotopax or similar fuel canister, then have large duffel dry bag across rear seating area. Not sure how the look will mess with my feng shui however, and finding a narrow box on it's own seem slightly challenging but not impossible.

I will keep looking and post up what I went with.

Regards
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

I saw XL moto had a set reduced at the moment to £39.99. Haven’t tried them but that’s a very good price!
363CAC7C-AFE1-4C6B-8250-FC26D6B27EDB.png
363CAC7C-AFE1-4C6B-8250-FC26D6B27EDB.png (290.36 KiB) Viewed 3962 times
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
V2orV4

Post by V2orV4 »

I’ve recently got a nice set of panniers from 21 Brothers. They are manufactured in Poland to your personal spec.

To my eye they seem very well made. I haven’t yet used them so can’t comment too much. Have a google for their website and user reviews.

They do other soft luggage which also looks very good. Although they are not the cheapest, they are well priced and when compared to other stuff they are really good value for money
Cone

Post by Cone »

BFFC45A9-28D7-490E-998A-4CD441BEDFAD.jpeg
BFFC45A9-28D7-490E-998A-4CD441BEDFAD.jpeg (267.44 KiB) Viewed 3938 times
Took the bike to the supermarket for some shopping can categorically say these are brilliant
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

V2orV4 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:39 pm I’ve recently got a nice set of panniers from 21 Brothers. They are manufactured in Poland to your personal spec.

To my eye they seem very well made. I haven’t yet used them so can’t comment too much. Have a google for their website and user reviews.

They do other soft luggage which also looks very good. Although they are not the cheapest, they are well priced and when compared to other stuff they are really good value for money
Funnily enough I was looking at them last night, the saddle 20/30 used to called the Sakwy I believe.

I would be interested in knowing how you get on with them once you have used them properly.
HoboBeemer

Post by HoboBeemer »

Thanks for the heads up,

I will check them out...
HoboBeemer

Post by HoboBeemer »

Godspeed wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:32 pm I saw XL moto had a set reduced at the moment to £39.99. Haven’t tried them but that’s a very good price!363CAC7C-AFE1-4C6B-8250-FC26D6B27EDB.png
I actually have a pair of the Lomo bags that look similar but my worry long term is the durability on the stitching, I have a few ideas ref supporting straps etc so may well go with them.
Ade8

Post by Ade8 »

Kriega stuff is brill. Can highly recommend.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

flipflopdog

Post by flipflopdog »

Chiming in here with my 2 pence worth...
Buy quality buy once. I’ve gone with Kreiga OS32 main panniers, OS12’s and OS6’s for additional and forward mounted panniers. Simplicity quality and robust wins the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Flyfifer

Post by Flyfifer »

I rarely post on here but as a Lomo pannier owner who has used them exclusively On Road with no issues so far but who has noted the concerns about the relatively limited securing of the straps I came up with making a pair of these.

I didn't like the one strap idea because the big Velcro attachment takes up the centre.
50mm webbing.
One for each pannier. The straps are spaced to go between the Big Velcro attachment and the small Velcro attachments..
The design could be adapted to go across the seat and around the other pannier but that seems unwieldy to me.
The short cross straps are intended to sit under the bag base.

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”