Visor product recommendations

Does my ass look big in these?
bunker

Visor product recommendations

Post by bunker »

With my past Arai i used a fogcity insert; now i'm wearing an AGV AX-8 at this time of year the antifog coating that came with it (such as it was) is a bit rubbish. Its a non pinlock visor so i'm looking for a recommendation for something to put on it, used to use Bob Heath in the past (long time ago :lol: )

Also wondering if folk use RainX or similar on the outside.

Again, all recommendations welcome. Ta
Triumph Tiger 885
Hugh

Re: Visor product recommendations

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Rub a wet cut potato over the surface and then polish dry with a soft cloth :lol:

Bob Heath visors, you've got a memory :!: You'll be wanting a Jim Redman turbo visor next :!: I stopped smoking cigies and use an open face helmet so neither option is of any use to me now :lol:

Leave a gap at the bottom of the screen, relax and slow your breathing through your nose helps best :o

TTFN

Hugh.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Storm Rain Repel
From Infinity Motorcycle.
Works well in getting the rain to bead but needs reapplying every couple days.

I've tried the fairy liquid as an anti fog with some good effect.

I had a pinlock on an Arai tour X that was pretty useless. But the pinlock on my new helmet is pretty good
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

I had an AX-8 and found it pretty pants when it comes to ventilation. Not good at this time of year.
I tried lots of different metods, but nothing other than leaving a gap helped much.
As soon as it was damp outside and the visor was closed it would mist up. Other than that the helmet
was fine.
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

I use both Bob Heath stuff and RainX.

The Bob Heath stuff works for a day or so then I find it tends to look like the visor is melting. I've also used the washing up liquid method which is ok but a faff to prepare. I've found the best solution is to use a plastic cleaner/antistatic spray and give it a good polish. When it mists up it does so pretty evenly and then de-mists really quickly - but I always ride with the visor cracked open except at motorway speeds.

RainX works too, but if I get caught in any rain it needs re-applying straight away which is a pain. I only use it when I'm cleaning the visor, otherwise I and let the wind blast clear rain away.

I'm not a fan of Pinlock. I think they make things look a bit out of focus and flat and if you get one that isn't fitted perfectly, it mists up and won't demist for ages.

Just my experience.
Chalky723

Post by Chalky723 »

I use a Hyper Shield insert in my helmet - sticks in no problem & does a really good job.

Ref the outside, I just leave it as is but have a container of screen cleaner & a sponge zip ties to the mirror stem - can give my visor a quick wipe when I stop at the lights on the way into work if it's minging....

D
bunker

Post by bunker »

Thanks folks!
Triumph Tiger 885
GSA Junkie

Post by GSA Junkie »

Hi,

I still use Bob Heath anti fog spray on my flip helmet, and before this on an Arai TX4 where the pinlock didn't fit/work so well.

Get mine from the local Infinity Motorcycles, seems to work just as good as it did in the 'Pre-Pinlock' days......

Scott.
OB1

Post by OB1 »

I was just browsing Kickstarter and found this: WiPEY - Mini Electric Wiper for Bikers and Scooterists

They even have their own website!
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
SHarper

Post by SHarper »

I might be stating the bleeding obvious, but the people saying that pin locks aren’t any good, do you realise they are adjustable? If you look closely at the pin, it has an arrow on it and is concentric, if its not working for you make sure the arrows are pointing toward each other...
Sorry if everyone knew this.

Return to “CLOTHING”