Never gonna buy a honda again

The Things We Ride
Flipflop

Re: Never gonna buy a honda again

Post by Flipflop »

garyboy wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:34 am Neither were really suitable for me, as an older relatively shorter rider

What I am saying is that a trail bike of a different colour is more suitable.. a colour that is lighter in weight and more manageable
I assume the colour you’re talking about is orange - I always thought they were very tall, the ones I’ve ridden were. I don’t believe weight per se is the main issue - centre of gravity and height IMHO.
If you can flat foot then you can paddle through difficult sections - especially if the weight is down low.
As I say just my opinion
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Flipflop wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:27 am
garyboy wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:34 am Neither were really suitable for me, as an older relatively shorter rider

What I am saying is that a trail bike of a different colour is more suitable.. a colour that is lighter in weight and more manageable
I assume the colour you’re talking about is orange - I always thought they were very tall, the ones I’ve ridden were. I don’t believe weight per se is the main issue - centre of gravity and height IMHO.
If you can flat foot then you can paddle through difficult sections - especially if the weight is down low.
As I say just my opinion
I have had my Husky (tarts KTM) lowered.
Even though I am 6’3, my inside leg is only 33” and it was getting tiring swinging my leg over the seat more than worrying about putting my feet down as there is a decent amount of compression once you are on the bike. But yes, they very high compared to CRFs etc. However, they are competition bikes with more frequent servicing, albeit for trail use not so frequent.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
sexysi

Post by sexysi »

A bit of an update.... Even Honda Finance don't seem to have a clue what they are doing either and cant understand English.

So about 3 weeks ago, I was asked by one of the Honda Finance people this question.

"Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, as the company that provided the relevant finance to aid the purchase of this bike, we are responsible for the quality of the bike at the point of supply. In order to assist our investigations, are you in a position to provide any evidence to demonstrate that the outstanding issue with the bike was inherent when the bike was supplied on 29 June 2018?"

I replied back with a email I got from the manufacture. From this there is a section under Fuel tank that I will re highlight.

"This is because we believe that the fuel tank from new contains reminents of substances from the factory which shed over time, causing debris in the fuel tank and blocking the pump, injectors etc. This is why our recommended warranty repair is to have the tank washed out and thoroughly cleaned to rectify the issue as the substance will no longer be present. "

But after speaking to the customer services girl at Honda, this was not good enough!!!

I am really confused as to why Honda Finance will not except this? As a fault!!!!

So I have an email from Honda, the manufactures, stating that the fault was there from the factory, both times in both tanks. But this is not good enough for Honda Finance as a reason to say the bike was faulty from new.

Maidstone Honda are the only people that have worked on the fuel system, so how else am i supposed to prove that the tanks were faulty from new. I don't build the damn thing and didnt replace the second tank..... i feel im getting the run around.

I still have to wait 5 weeks before i can take it to the FOS and complain to the governing body....

And to top it all Honda are no fixing the bike, replacing all the faulty bits without my authority. But I have rejected it!!!!!

Si
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

2013 Triumph tiger 800 xc

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentbyways

http://www.kent-byways.co.uk/

DgTrail

Post by DgTrail »

What are they currently fixing? I thought the tank was now fixed at the third attempt.
sexysi

Post by sexysi »

No the tank was fixed after the first repair and then failed again after 2 months. That is when I rejected the bike. I cant keep getting them to fix the damn thing. The bike has now spent in total 2 1/2 months in honda dealers.

I think atm the dealer is stripping down the forks, so they can spray the front of the frame, where the rust is. I don't know who authorised the repairs, but wasn't me.

Si
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

DgTrail

Post by DgTrail »

OK I see now, I'd thought you'd had the bike back again because you'd said they spent £3k on fixing it a second time with new fuel sytem apart from the tank and that the only issues left where the wheels and frame finish.

Good luck with it and hope you find a good alternative.
sexysi

Post by sexysi »

Thanks,
Already got a 68 plated Tracer 900 GT.

si

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

sexysi wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:36 pm Thanks,
Already got a 68 plated Tracer 900 GT.

si
Good choice, luv mine
20190505_130718.jpg
20190505_130718.jpg (139.26 KiB) Viewed 5469 times
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

sexysi wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:31 pm A bit of an update.... Even Honda Finance don't seem to have a clue what they are doing either and cant understand English.

So about 3 weeks ago, I was asked by one of the Honda Finance people this question.

"Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, as the company that provided the relevant finance to aid the purchase of this bike, we are responsible for the quality of the bike at the point of supply. In order to assist our investigations, are you in a position to provide any evidence to demonstrate that the outstanding issue with the bike was inherent when the bike was supplied on 29 June 2018?"

I replied back with a email I got from the manufacture. From this there is a section under Fuel tank that I will re highlight.

"This is because we believe that the fuel tank from new contains reminents of substances from the factory which shed over time, causing debris in the fuel tank and blocking the pump, injectors etc. This is why our recommended warranty repair is to have the tank washed out and thoroughly cleaned to rectify the issue as the substance will no longer be present. "

But after speaking to the customer services girl at Honda, this was not good enough!!!

I am really confused as to why Honda Finance will not except this? As a fault!!!!

So I have an email from Honda, the manufactures, stating that the fault was there from the factory, both times in both tanks. But this is not good enough for Honda Finance as a reason to say the bike was faulty from new.

Maidstone Honda are the only people that have worked on the fuel system, so how else am i supposed to prove that the tanks were faulty from new. I don't build the damn thing and didnt replace the second tank..... i feel im getting the run around.

I still have to wait 5 weeks before i can take it to the FOS and complain to the governing body....

And to top it all Honda are no fixing the bike, replacing all the faulty bits without my authority. But I have rejected it!!!!!

Si
Blimey, Honda should be very ashamed of themselves!

I trust that you have taken legal advice about your position regarding continuing payments fo it?
sexysi

Post by sexysi »

No by law under the 2015 consumers right act I have to give honda 8 weeks to investigate, whilst still paying the PCP. They can then reject my claim......
Then that means the FCA and going via small claims court.

To top it all the dealer has actually repaired the bike completely, without my authorisation. So I dont know what is going on as honda finance, the owners of the bike dont answer my emails.

I am so shocked at the lack of support or even customer service that honda give. They really dont give a shit..

Si

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

Return to “BIKES”