Ops Life threatening problem with my ATAS

The Things We Ride
sexysi

Re: Ops Life threatening problem with my ATAS

Post by sexysi »

Wow I have an update. Well i had a replacement tank, fuel system, fuel pump etc. And all is well, well it was for 2 months a 4k miles. Bike is back in with Honda, with the same problem. So another warranty strip down and rebuild costing honda another £2.5k. Also asked them to change the front wheel as it is pitted and looks crap compared to the brand new back wheel I had replaced a month ago. Also I decided to show maidstone honda my rusty frame!!!!!!! Really pissed off with Hondas quality control on their flagship adventure bike. Seriously thinking about moving away from the Honda brand.....these bikes are made of cheese.....
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

2013 Triumph tiger 800 xc

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentbyways

http://www.kent-byways.co.uk/

Tramp

Post by Tramp »

It's a honda motorbike if it was a jazz you could happily drive 200,000mls

Yamaha seem to be best :lol: :x
Ron3005

Post by Ron3005 »

I've got a 2018 ATAS I'm hearing this on other forums surely this should be a recall
sexysi

Post by sexysi »

So bit of an update.....not good. Once again honda are changing the fuel pump, fuel rail, injectors at a cost of 3k plus. Bearing in mind this is the 2nd set I've had.....they are flushing out the tank, but I'm lead to believe the tank is the problem. This was a new replacement tank that lasted 2 months after it was replaced in august.....
The pitted wheel problem on the gold anodized rims, honda have no washed there hands of. Even though my rear was replaced a month ago. The front, more important, is not being replaced.....so wtf......
The rusting frame needs further investigation. So if you have a early 2018 ATAS tricolour expect issues. If your rims wont clean up and look pitted, live with it. Honda now dont give a shit.
For 13.5k this is the worst bike experience I have ever had, honda need to take note and sort their QC out....

Wont buy one of there bikes and dont want to have a cheap smart repair done on the rust. The bike is rusting just below the headstock on the white frame in between the 2 rads. It's only a small bit, but it is not a stone chip. I want the weld above investigated, just in case the weld is rusting....

Not happy
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

2013 Triumph tiger 800 xc

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentbyways

http://www.kent-byways.co.uk/

Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Well, there's a replacement on the way which will no doubt incorporate a whole load more electronic rubbish in the hope of distrracting owners from the poor finish.
It all makes a Yamaha 700 or even a Royal Enfield 650 look increasingly attractive.
HoboBeemer

Post by HoboBeemer »

sexysi wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:54 pm So bit of an update.....not good. Once again honda are changing the fuel pump, fuel rail, injectors at a cost of 3k plus. Bearing in mind this is the 2nd set I've had.....they are flushing out the tank, but I'm lead to believe the tank is the problem. This was a new replacement tank that lasted 2 months after it was replaced in august.....
The pitted wheel problem on the gold anodized rims, honda have no washed there hands of. Even though my rear was replaced a month ago. The front, more important, is not being replaced.....so wtf......
The rusting frame needs further investigation. So if you have a early 2018 ATAS tricolour expect issues. If your rims wont clean up and look pitted, live with it. Honda now dont give a shit.
For 13.5k this is the worst bike experience I have ever had, honda need to take note and sort their QC out....

Wont buy one of there bikes and dont want to have a cheap smart repair done on the rust. The bike is rusting just below the headstock on the white frame in between the 2 rads. It's only a small bit, but it is not a stone chip. I want the weld above investigated, just in case the weld is rusting....

Not happy
I fell out of love with Honda after about 2009, I had done a fair bit of restoration on older 90s NC30's and a few other models around this time and someone I knew had just stumped up the coin for a new 09 Blade, within 1 winter regardless of cleaning and protective coatings the bike looked awful, rusted bolts and the finish was already turning. The build quality with Honda certainly is nothing like what it once was but then I guess that can be said for many companies..

It is also why I always buy older used machines, had I of paid 13.5k on a new bike had these issues I would be proper ++++ed off, granted the warranty will cover for as long as it is in place but that is not the point. I just hope no one gets hurt with this issue as it if happens on a fast sweeping bend you face going head on into another vehicle, It was also news to me that DCT means no pushing? :shock: .

Hope it all gets sorted....

Return to “BIKES”