New Tenere 700

Bikers and riding
OnHellas

Re: New Tenere 700

Post by OnHellas »

Not that I’m wishing the next few months of the North American part of our trip away....but seeing the new Tenere 700 in the flesh is quite an exciting prospect.
The most excited I’ve been about a new bike release for many a year!
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

also rode the yam at the show thanks Yamaha for allowing a fair test within the limits at Ragley. I'm not the best at picking out the elements over a short ride so will leave that to others, but I can say within just a few minutes I felt completely confident on the bike on the easy trail course, the only thing that did niggle me was a "stiff" gearbox upshift wondered if anyone else experienced that. As far as seat height goes I,m 5'7" with short less than 29" legs so was lucky enough to ride one with the low seat option which was nice and flat for moving about on and seemed reasonably Ok on the short ride with a fair bit of standing on the pegs also good, in that spec the bike would be fine for me with both feet in reasonable contact with the ground very much unlike the orange one that was not so far away. I think many people may find this a very useable package. I wish now I had asked if i could have put it on its side to see if I could have picked it up solo that is a deal breaker for me, I know I can pick my old GS up. this bike could be a winner, I hope Yamaha have spent the long waiting time ironing out any flaws making it reliable, a cautious well done Yamaha.
Alphadog43

Post by Alphadog43 »

Has anyone managed to place an order through the Yamaha website? I have configured a bike but there doesn't seem to be any way of ordering the bike as suggested by the website.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Alphadog43 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:13 pm Has anyone managed to place an order through the Yamaha website? I have configured a bike but there doesn't seem to be any way of ordering the bike as suggested by the website.
Go on to the Yamaha website, get to the U.K. part and select Tenere 700 from the Adventure Bike section.
Scroll down a fair way and there it is. The reserve your bike option.
You don’t need to go in to the configurator. Accessories can be sorted at dealer level once the bike is ordered.

Good luck, let us know how you get on and which colour you choose.
WilCollins

Post by WilCollins »

Can anyone answer if the 12v socket is standard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

WilCollins wrote:Can anyone answer if the 12v socket is standard?

There was a cap for it on the dash
Whether there was anything behind the plastic cover, I don't know ??
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Alphadog43

Post by Alphadog43 »

OnHellas wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:43 pm
Alphadog43 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:13 pm Has anyone managed to place an order through the Yamaha website? I have configured a bike but there doesn't seem to be any way of ordering the bike as suggested by the website.
Go on to the Yamaha website, get to the U.K. part and select Tenere 700 from the Adventure Bike section.
You don’t need to go in to the configurator. Accessories can be sorted at dealer level once the bike is ordered.

Thank you, I have placed a reserve on a White and Red one (because I raced YZ's in the 70s when they were Red and White). Fingers crossed that they will have a bike for me, I should know within 3 days apparently.
Gary no 6

Post by Gary no 6 »

Alphadog43 wrote:
OnHellas wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:43 pm

Thank you, I have placed a reserve on a White and Red one (because I raced YZ's in the 70s when they were Red and White). Fingers crossed that they will have a bike for me, I should know within 3 days apparently.

boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Isn't it strange how life plays out, I didn't buy a single brand new bike for 35 years , now I've bought two in 3 years.

I've ordered one in Ceramic Ice, order confirmed by Yamaha last week :)
Last edited by boboneleg on Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
one-legged adventurer
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

You bad bad man Bob :lol: ....those itches that need scratching are getting expensive....i find it hard to understand the thought process ktm do it all to a yamaha ?....you will save on fuel though....

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”