Hereford Hospice Trail 2019

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Teflon Jnr

Re: Hereford Hospice Trail 2019

Post by Teflon Jnr »

johnnyboxer wrote: โ†‘Fri May 24, 2019 10:09 pm
Teflon Jnr wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote: โ†‘Fri May 24, 2019 7:11 am
Stewie wrote:Why TRF only? surely it would be a good way to get new members, what do you class as a small enduro bike?
Sub 500cc I guess
TRF have many weekend events for their members - our group does 4 weekends
Attracts many to join as it is a popular way of seeing different parts of the uk and it helps generate revenue to swell funds for green lane conservation
Non TRF riders don't help with much conservation - they just ride them until closed
Absolute bollocks and sub 500cc is restricting a vast majority of riders who enjoy and respect the conservation from what I've seen in this thread and others is please give us your money.we won't do fuck all for you and if you ride bigger bikes and arnt members you can fuck off more but if you do ride bigger bikes please be stupid enough to hand over your hard earned for nothing.i was very interested when I bought my 990 adv 12 months ago in green laning etc tried to contact my local trf and i might aswell have thrown my email at the wall as they were very abrupt and condescending its quite funny when i see them at the esso near my house and i pull up with them trying to start a conversation I just laugh and ride on its a money making exercise in my opinion
I disagree Image
Well everyone is entitled to there opinion however informative or not it maybe
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

Just for clarity, I'm a full paid up member of the TRF, Surrey chapter :lol: , I do a lot of cross group events, highlighting the benefits of the TRF with a no pressure approach of joining as it's not for everyone.
We have a fair few riders on bigger duel sport type bikes and would never discourage anyone no matter what they ride.

The new TRF site is not user friendly at all, only been on it a few times, not good, however there are plenty of other platforms for the TRF to converse such as FB WA not forgetting local group forums.
A fair few of the other user groups I belong to, liaise with the local councils to do lane maintenance, it's not unique to the TRF, the more the merrier in my view,
Looking forward to helping out at the ABR rally again and maybe having a few jars :o 8-)

For those who would like more info about the TRF most groups have none members rides and club meets you can go to without any pressure.

Apologies the thread has gone slightly of track so good luck with your event, not for me but only because the smallest bike I have is a KTM525mxc.
TRF doing big bikes in Surrey.... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IMG_0314.JPG
IMG_0314.JPG (175.56 KiB) Viewed 4520 times
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

I would like to wish you luck with your event maybe I've just had a bad experience with my local trf and not all are the same but its a shame to single out people for what they ride i am a big believer in its not what you ride but the adventure you pursue that matters
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Not sure what trails they use on the Hereford do, but most of what I know in that area are simply not suitable for big bikes.

From experience the focus of the TRF groups vary, some are inclusive and offer something for most Riders and bikes, others are centered on Enduro dreamers and quite restrictive, its a bit of a lottery
Its a trick............get an Axe
Wonkyconk

Post by Wonkyconk »

Asgard wrote: โ†‘Sat May 25, 2019 6:43 am Not sure what trails they use on the Hereford do, but most of what I know in that area are simply not suitable for big bikes.

From experience the focus of the TRF groups vary, some are inclusive and offer something for most Riders and bikes, others are centered on Enduro dreamers and quite restrictive, its a bit of a lottery
Can you please explain why they are not suitable for big bikes?
Cone

Post by Cone »

I did a few down from the Malvern rally to Monmouth. They were more than suitable
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Wonkyconk wrote: โ†‘Sat May 25, 2019 12:23 pm
Asgard wrote: โ†‘Sat May 25, 2019 6:43 am Not sure what trails they use on the Hereford do, but most of what I know in that area are simply not suitable for big bikes.

I am shit at explaining stuff, but show me a picture of your GS/ktm-v twin halfway up motel Hill and I'll buy you a pint :D
Its a trick............get an Axe
Cone

Post by Cone »

Asgard wrote: โ†‘Sat May 25, 2019 5:08 pm
Wonkyconk wrote: โ†‘Sat May 25, 2019 12:23 pm

I am shit at explaining stuff, but show me a picture of your GS/ktm-v twin halfway up motel Hill and I'll buy you a pint :D
Send me a pm with that lane please! I want a plfree pint
herman

Post by herman »

I 'cleaned' motel .....on a ktm 200 mind. :D
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Asgard wrote: โ†‘Sat May 25, 2019 5:08 pm
Does it have to be half way up, can it be halfway down. And do bike and rider have to be upright
๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜œ

Return to โ€œGREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROADโ€