Crf1000 servicing costs!

The Things We Ride
sexysi

Crf1000 servicing costs!

Post by sexysi »

Was a bit shocked yesterday as I went into the Honda dealers where I bought my bike some 10 months ago and booked my 16k service. All booked in ok, but I'm now having 2nd thoughts I can do the service myself, but wanted to retain the 1 years warranty left on the bike. I was shocked when the guy told me, did I realise that the service was £900!!!.

Wtf, now do I service the bike via the dealer knowing that I will have to get a 24k + another 32k service done by the end of year. Or do I start doing it myself. Cause this year servicing will alone cost me near 2k!.

Do those spark really need changing yet, this is where I believe £120 of the cost is...... and does anyone actually pay £900 for a service.....

Thoughts please.
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

2013 Triumph tiger 800 xc

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentbyways

http://www.kent-byways.co.uk/

daveuprite

Re: Crf1000 servicing costs!

Post by daveuprite »

sexysi wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:35 am Was a bit shocked yesterday as I went into the Honda dealers where I bought my bike some 10 months ago and booked my 16k service. All booked in ok, but I'm now having 2nd thoughts I can do the service myself, but wanted to retain the 1 years warranty left on the bike. I was shocked when the guy told me, did I realise that the service was £900!!!.

Wtf, now do I service the bike via the dealer knowing that I will have to get a 24k + another 32k service done by the end of year. Or do I start doing it myself. Cause this year servicing will alone cost me near 2k!.

Do those spark really need changing yet, this is where I believe £120 of the cost is...... and does anyone actually pay £900 for a service.....

Thoughts please.
Bloody hell! It's a Honda motorbike, not a Porsche 911. Amazing quotes.

Think I'd be very tempted to buy genuine or good quality parts, do the service myself, buy a John Bull printing set to make up a stamp, and then put the left over £750 into my 'next adventure' piggy bank.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

£900 quid

That's a helluva bill - do you get any benefits

What get's done

These new bikes are expensive to run

£2000 to do the 24k & 32k service is 25% of the bike's value
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Schwartz

Post by Schwartz »

Should be only 675£ for 3 services Image
https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/my- ... -plan.html

Wysłane z mojego H8416 przy użyciu Tapatalka

sexysi

Post by sexysi »

Thanks for the replies so far, the Honda guy had mentioned the service plan and the fact that high mileage bikers get turned down, because of the servicing costs. Put it this way they wouldn't of sold it to me as I do 18k a year. Was thinking about buying all the right parts for the servicing and keeping the receipts and doing myself.
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

2013 Triumph tiger 800 xc

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentbyways

http://www.kent-byways.co.uk/

anthony29040

Post by anthony29040 »

If you take it to a independent garage and they use gen Honda parts and they do everything needed for that service and stamp your book Honda still have to honour your warranty .keep all invoices for the parts as a rule if the garage is v.a.t registered it should be ok.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

daveuprite wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:50 am
sexysi wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:35 am Was a bit shocked yesterday as I went into the Honda dealers where I bought my bike some 10 months ago and booked my 16k service. All booked in ok, but I'm now having 2nd thoughts I can do the service myself, but wanted to retain the 1 years warranty left on the bike. I was shocked when the guy told me, did I realise that the service was £900!!!.

Thoughts please.
Bloody hell! It's a Honda motorbike, not a Porsche 911. Amazing quotes.

Think I'd be very tempted to buy genuine or good quality parts, do the service myself, buy a John Bull printing set to make up a stamp, and then put the left over £750 into my 'next adventure' piggy bank.
Sending a bike with a false service history!
Nice!!!!

How about asking another Honda dealer for a quote and maybe an independent.
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Hi Si
I reckon that you should maybe use an independent for the 16k service then do it yourself thereafter, as 1. you might be out of warranty (or nearly out!) and 2. with the amount of mileage on your bike it will have a 'reduced' value anyway!!! plus I'm in the camp of don't fix it unless really required, as if the bike is running ok then spark plugs and valve checks are probably not required! don't forget all manufacturers want you to service the life out of their machines so there are no reported breakdowns and this makes them look great at your expense!!! (I don't think I've seen anywhere reported of out of spec valves on any AT) Good luck with whatever you choose to do, and perhaps give the guys at Johns of Romford a call re the service I really like them and at least they seem to be interested before they rape you for your money lol...

Hopefully see you soon for another ride out!!!

Cheers
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

johnnyboxer wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:55 am £2000 to do the 24k & 32k service is 25% of the bike's value
Selling the bike and getting a new one starts to sound like it might make economic expense :o
gwhyb66

Post by gwhyb66 »

Hi, just had my 16k service done at Wheels in Peterborough. Was £580.00 including front pads.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Return to “BIKES”