EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Spike941

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by Spike941 »

Dear Hedge, I fully appreciate that we all have our own views based on what we choose to believe, but rather than ‘sore loser’, I would term it ‘concerned loser’ and now ‘very concerned loser’. I also choose to believe that the next generation will reverse the decision if we can’t. But sadly, most if not all of us might not be around to see it. I really do hope your life changes for the better post Brexit, as I do everyone else’s. But based on the evidence v hope I read and choose to believe, I have some pretty serious doubts. One can’t really agree to disagree over views so polar opposite, but really not that worth falling out over as many have done. At least most of us still on here have at least one thing still in common. Good luck, and I really must work out how to attach one of those a smiley face things.
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Thanks for your good wishes and the same to you

AFAIC Worse things happen at sea and there are far more important things to champion than the economy, I'm sure we'll all be fine :D
Flyfifer

Post by Flyfifer »

:shock:
I see another clever bit of government planning has collapsed.
A (post Brexit) contract with an Irish funded contractor to run shipping has been cancelled. The company has never owned or operated shipping. The Irish backer has now pulled out.
Another one in the "you could not make it up" list.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47182361
Flyfifer

Post by Flyfifer »

:cry: Hedgehopper,
my suggestion that the Government should manage the situation and Stop Article 50 is not invoking a Dictatorship in the face of the Majority who voted leave.
It is simply suggesting that Parliament should react to the information they now have, on the impact of Brexit and do what they are paid for ---- manage the country to increase its prosperity whilst protecting and developing health and welfare.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

HedgeHopper wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:04 am Thanks for your good wishes and the same to you

AFAIC Worse things happen at sea and there are far more important things to champion than the economy, I'm sure we'll all be fine :D
You mean that thing that basically drives and governs everything we do as individuals and the available money in the country for social services, NHS, roads, etc etc etc. This seems to be a recurring theme with Brexitards - "the economy doesn't matter, we'll be fine". We won't if there is no deal and we leave, it's actually very straightforward to understand.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

the first role of government is defence of the realm

HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Mike54 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:31 am
HedgeHopper wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:04 am Thanks for your good wishes and the same to you

You mean that thing that basically drives and governs everything we do as individuals and the available money in the country for social services, NHS, roads, etc etc etc. This seems to be a recurring theme with Brexitards - "the economy doesn't matter, we'll be fine". We won't if there is no deal and we leave, it's actually very straightforward to understand.
Depends how you want to live, I said way back in this discussion, I have lived as a poor person, I met some of the best people I ever knew on the streets of Cardiff picking up fag butts to make a roly, I don't think It will be as bad as that for me again even if the economy goes tits up and if it is, I am quite prepared to carry on with less than I have now.

Nice bikes, A little aeroplane, a large house, all things I have now, all things I could quite easily live without.
I don't know why that seems so hard to grasp for those whose material well being is the only driver
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

garyboy wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:39 am the first role of government is defence of the realm

I may be paranoid about fake news but the lips and words don't seem to be totally in sync, at least on my PC.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

yes ;;;; its really hard to believe isn't it.

but it must be true coz I saw it last week on the BBC :?
and been waiting for a clip of this astonishing rant to come along 8-)

its true all right!!
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I wonder what a special place looks like for this man ??

Guy Verhofstadt

Guy Verhofstadt is chief Brexit representative for the European parliament, a former prime minister of Belgium and leader of the Group of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe

Return to “THE PUB”