Dream Riding Destination

Bikers and riding
agrantg

Re: Dream Riding Destination

Post by agrantg »

It is back to Argentina for me. Will be my 3rd and I have only just scratched the surface.
Spanners On Tour

Post by Spanners On Tour »

I am doing some exploration in Indonesia in 2019 which I'm looking forward to, but I've dreamt of crossing the Kalahari Desert for a long time. It will happen one day, I've already driven from Kenya to Mozambique on two wheels and much prefer the east coast to the west coast.

But there's lots of other places I'll be going to.
IMG_3775.JPG
IMG_3775.JPG (80.3 KiB) Viewed 5327 times
Kilimanjaro seen from Tanzania on our way to Arusha
Yamaha WR400F 1998
Yamaha DT175 2008
Kawasaki KLX250 2017
Suzuki 650 Katana 1984
Honda CB400Four Super Sport 1977

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡พ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ป๐Ÿ‡ณ
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Spanners On Tour wrote: โ†‘Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:49 pm I am doing some exploration in Indonesia in 2019 which I'm looking forward to, but I've dreamt of crossing the Kalahari Desert for a long time. It will happen one day, I've already driven from Kenya to Mozambique on two wheels and much prefer the east coast to the west coast.

IMG_3775.JPG
I have good memories of Arusha and lots of Tanzania. I took that same photo of Kilimanjaro (from the Amboseli side) back in 1990, when it was permanently topped with a large snow/ice cap. Sadly not any more. Most of the glacial cover has now gone and it's predicted that it will be completely ice free by about 2035.

Kenya and Tanzania (and Uganda too) are excellent bike riding destinations - preferably with a dual-sport or small ADV.
Spanners On Tour

Post by Spanners On Tour »

daveuprite wrote: โ†‘Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:31 pm
Spanners On Tour wrote: โ†‘Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:49 pm I am doing some exploration in Indonesia in 2019 which I'm looking forward to, but I've dreamt of crossing the Kalahari Desert for a long time. It will happen one day, I've already driven from Kenya to Mozambique on two wheels and much prefer the east coast to the west coast.

IMG_3775.JPG
I have good memories of Arusha and lots of Tanzania. I took that same photo of Kilimanjaro (from the Amboseli side) back in 1990, when it was permanently topped with a large snow/ice cap. Sadly not any more. Most of the glacial cover has now gone and it's predicted that it will be completely ice free by about 2035.

Kenya and Tanzania (and Uganda too) are excellent bike riding destinations - preferably with a dual-sport or small ADV.
I really enjoyed that trip and would love to ride in Uganda. Mozambique also had some interesting sections, but the next year I'll be riding around Indonesia, which is not bad at all.
Yamaha WR400F 1998
Yamaha DT175 2008
Kawasaki KLX250 2017
Suzuki 650 Katana 1984
Honda CB400Four Super Sport 1977

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡พ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ป๐Ÿ‡ณ
Jack the Builder

Post by Jack the Builder »

FatFreddy wrote: โ†‘Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:54 pm I don't have the budget, or the time for some of the trips you guys are talking about.
Money no object?= Patagonia? NZ?
If I can save up a bit?= West coast of France, into Spain and then Portugal.
Might actually happen?= A couple of days in Wales....if I'm lucky.
Definitely happening!= The odd day over the Pennines or Forest of Bowland.
Made me smile :)

Same here! However I have no desire to go anywhere exotic. Hoping to travel the Route des Grand Alps next year.

Might have to make do with the Peak District instead (which is of course fantastic)
richeyroo

Post by richeyroo »

Oman
Slowboy

Post by Slowboy »

Italy, especially Dolomites, and Brittany with my French mates, always have a good run there.
Small bike traveller

CRF250 Rally
C90
C125 Super Cub
FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

Jack the Builder wrote: โ†‘Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:13 pm
FatFreddy wrote: โ†‘Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:54 pm I don't have the budget, or the time for some of the trips you guys are talking about.
Money no object?= Patagonia? NZ?
If I can save up a bit?= West coast of France, into Spain and then Portugal.
Might actually happen?= A couple of days in Wales....if I'm lucky.
Definitely happening!= The odd day over the Pennines or Forest of Bowland.
Made me smile :)

Same here! However I have no desire to go anywhere exotic. Hoping to travel the Route des Grand Alps next year.

Might have to make do with the Peak District instead (which is of course fantastic)
Thanks.
It turns out my predictions were correct. This year I stayed fairly near to home. Trips to Pembroke and Cornwall planned for next year though :) which Iโ€™m more excited about than I probably should be.
The BIG adventure will have to wait for the lottery win.
FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

richeyroo wrote: โ†‘Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:07 pmOman
Amen
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

I do have a hankering for a road trip around the USA.
Definitely NOT Route66 but some of the backroads in Lancaster County, North / South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah that sort of stuff.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith

Return to โ€œADVENTURE BIKE RIDERโ€