TomTom Help

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
MatthewH

TomTom Help

Post by MatthewH »

Hi guys,

I'm trying to add this route to my TomTom (viewtopic.php?f=140&t=44342), however when i load it via TomTom My Drive it appears as 6 different individual routes.

Am I missing something here? I'm trying to treat this as one route to go out riding for a day.

Any advice appreciated :)
Morseman

Re: TomTom Help

Post by Morseman »

It looks like it's the way that they have saved the files. It looks like they set several "Start" and "End" points, using the previous "End" as the "Start" for the next section.

To make it one long route you are going to have to find a way to change the intermediate "End" and "Start" points and make them into just "Waypoints".

I did try a couple of ways, but couldn't make one long route that would properly load up. The long way to do it is to make a new route and enter all of the waypoints into the map and then save it as just one route, but it'll probably take a while.

If you can find someone with the knowledge of how to edit the GPX file to remove the "End" points and turn the next "Start" point into just a waypoint, that might work. But, I don't have the necessary skill to be able to do this.
Morseman

Post by Morseman »

I just had a go at saving each section and then merging them together and there's another problem. Each section starts its waypoint count at 1 and adds each new point on. So, if you try to merge them, you get several ponts with the number 1, 7, 19 etc., this confuses the system and it wont load.

It looks like you will have to create a new route and plot new waypoints without saving each section as a new route. Unless you find someone who can write a script to renumber the waypoints, I guess...
simonw

Post by simonw »

Can you import the GPX as a route instead of a track?
MatthewH

Post by MatthewH »

simonw wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:38 pm Can you import the GPX as a route instead of a track?
Sadly TOmTom doesnt give that functionality
simonw

Post by simonw »

I just loaded this into Tyre (http://www.tyretotravel.com/) and selected "Import - Route Tracks". This then gives you a list of all the waypoints, from which you can more easily delete the ones you don't want, then save the finished route and import it into your TomTom.
MatthewH

Post by MatthewH »

simonw wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:01 am I just loaded this into Tyre (http://www.tyretotravel.com/) and selected "Import - Route Tracks". This then gives you a list of all the waypoints, from which you can more easily delete the ones you don't want, then save the finished route and import it into your TomTom.
Thankyou - just giving that a bash now but drawing a bit of a blank.... Picture attached

Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (29.66 KiB) Viewed 3761 times
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

I have Basecamp, it allows you to merge routes into one. I'm at work but if I've time I'll make a single route and save it as a TomTom ITN file for you.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

Right, try this. It's a .GPX file this site wouldn't allow me to upload a .ITN file.
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

Well. Did it work?

Return to “TECHNICAL”