Derbi Terra and Derbi Terra Adventure info.

The Things We Ride
ziCk_

Re: Derbi Terra and Derbi Terra Adventure info.

Post by ziCk_ »

P4ulie wrote:Get yourself an ugly stick rather than a paddock stand, they fulfil the same function with the advantage you can take it away on holiday. :) If you need anything more in depth than chain work / wheel removal, the paddock stand isn't enough anyway.

I bought one from here the other month & it is excellent for general garage maintenance (thumbs)
Will do. Still need paddocks though, for storage purposes.

Where is "here"? Googling "ugly stick" gives literally no results applicable to motorcycles (it's all fishing rods stuff)

edit:
This?

http://adventurebikerider.com/forum/28- ... -sale.html
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

Thats the one ziCK, riding constantly I don't need to worry about keeping the back wheel off the ground. A milk crate is a cheap option for a centre stand, I've used one before (thumbs)
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
ziCk_

Post by ziCk_ »

Does anyone know parameters for screw holding side stand?

Number 26 on here:

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/57 ... tral-stand

I was trying to change side stand for brand new one (old one was bent and required 2 bricks to be able to put bike to stand properly) and despite trying my best I snapped head off the screw. Anyone know the parameters so I can perhaps substitute it from local hardware store?
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

ziCk_ wrote:Does anyone know parameters for screw holding side stand?

Number 26 on here:

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/57 ... tral-stand

I was trying to change side stand for brand new one (old one was bent and required 2 bricks to be able to put bike to stand properly) and despite trying my best I snapped head off the screw. Anyone know the parameters so I can perhaps substitute it from local hardware store?
That's exactly the kind of thing I do when I 'work' on my bikes and cars ... :whistle:

Regs

Simon

PS tell your co-worker that s/he is "como una marquina". That should get a laugh! (thumbs)
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
bfgjohno

Post by bfgjohno »

Has anyone found a Tail Tidy for the derbi terra Adventure or adapted one to fit?
Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

The Spanish Biker wrote:That looks like a copy, wonder where it's made. For what it's worth you don't see many Terras' or Advent¡uses here either - I live less than a100 miles form the factory, which has now closed down ...

Meanwhile, first thing is to check your clutch adjustment and chain tension.

Regs

Simon
Made in China, under licence from Piaggio, on the original Spanish tooling, but available with 3 different engines. The original Piaggio engine goes into the Chinese market version branded as an Aprilia, and a Chinese clone of a Honda engine in both 125cc and 300cc goes to America, branded as a UM, and we see the 125cc over here.

Confused yet?

PS. What have I missed?
Happiness has 125cc ...
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Freeloadeur wrote:
The Spanish Biker wrote:That looks like a copy, wonder where it's made. For what it's worth you don't see many Terras' or Advent¡uses here either - I live less than a100 miles form the factory, which has now closed down ...

Meanwhile, first thing is to check your clutch adjustment and chain tension.

Regs

Simon
Made in China, under licence from Piaggio, on the original Spanish tooling, but available with 3 different engines. The original Piaggio engine goes into the Chinese market version branded as an Aprilia, and a Chinese clone of a Honda engine in both 125cc and 300cc goes to America, branded as a UM, and we see the 125cc over here.

Confused yet?

PS. What have I missed?
Hi there, long time no see! Meanwhile, all these bike variants look 'NFI' - normal for Italy :whistle:

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

ziCk_ wrote:Terra/Terra Adventure aren't even on Derbi's site and you can barely find them in the UK anymore. However I've stumbled on this by accident:

http://www.ummotorcycles.co.uk/UM125-ADT.php

I wonder if they deliver with side paniers and, top box and crash guards like original Terra was advertised as?

Might upgrade my 2009 at some point in 2018. I've ridden mine already and I need to say I'm quite impressed how decent this 125cc is comparing to others I've tried. Although either I'm amazingly shit at changing gears or there's something wrong with my gearbox (both equally probable). Sometimes it acts weird and is noisier (clacking sound).
That looks like the soon to be released Sinnis 125 Terrain.... http://www.sinnismotorcycles.com/motorc ... %20Terrain

Had a sneak preview at a dealer the other day and if the price is right they should sell loads .....
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Random question guys, has anyone got a terra adventure somewhere near Wolverhampton that my Mrs can swing her leg over to try for size?

It looks like a pretty ideal bike for her for some light touring and trail riding but she is on the shorter side at 5 foot 4 :roll:

Return to “BIKES”