Dream Riding Destination

Bikers and riding
maxriddy

Dream Riding Destination

Post by maxriddy »

Hello to All;
If you are travel lover then you must have dream destination which inspiration you riding. Did you have any destination? or dream to travel towards a specific place :?:
Brenhden

Re: Dream Riding Destination

Post by Brenhden »

I've got lots of dream places but my real dream is having time to do it without having to rush back for work. There have only been a couple of trips where living out of a tent has become normal.

That said I watched an old topgear last night and they went from the Amazon to the Pacific over the Andes, the variety and beauty of the trip was brilliant. That would be awesome.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

It is the journey, not the destination that matters...
:D
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

When I started reading adventure travel books by Graham Field, Bernard Smith and Elizabeth Beard I wanted to travel to Mongolia and the furthest bit of Russia. Then I watched the fella who walked the Himalayas (Leighton Wood?) and realised I'm probably not tough enough! Also with a young family (9 and 12) but being an old dad (53) with a retirement age of 67 (currently) I'll probably be dead anyway before I get the time

I've done three tours of Western Europe and seen some fantastic scenery and met some brilliant bikers (mainly ABR'ers) a few of whom have become friends. Everything else is UK mainland based so Wales, Yorkshire, Cumbria and Scotland. That's what I can fit in between work and home life and that's what I have to suck the marrowbone of life out of. Still a lot of fun though!

:D
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

Australia attracts me but I know it shouldn't. Probably better off in NZ.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

In the 90s I went on a 4800 miles trip in Australia. Brisbane to Darwin and back on a Harley Soft Tail Springer. There was around 18 of us and I had my then 11 year old son on the pillion. We slept rough most nights and got pissed pretty well every night. Great times with good people.

Nick.
herman

Post by herman »

Anywhere I have not yet been but top of the list is Argentina.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
gbags

Post by gbags »

Patagonia sounds amazing.
Magnon

Post by Magnon »

A few years back we travelled down to Cape Town although some of the places along the way (Kenya, Zanzibar, Lake Malawi, Victoria Falls - to list just a few) were better than the final destination.

More conservative these days so my current favourite destination is Le Lavandou, slightly out of season. It’s a good 10 hour ride from here and a lovely place with great fish restaurants.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Too many at the mo.....but do fancy going east, russia,mongolia, road of bones.....ish

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”