Phone holders

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
GB

Phone holders

Post by GB »

For those who use a phone to navigate, or just even have a phone mounted on their bike, how do you mount it? I used to have it in my bar bag but do to a bar change I've lost that and I don't use a tank bag. My phone is waterproof so don't need a case, I've looked at the Touratech iBracket but thats ruddy expensive and the X grip but I'm concerned it won't hold it firmly enough, I don't want the hassle of disconnecting a lanyard, just unclip and go, thoughts?
Finally back on a GS :D
Jak*

Re: Phone holders

Post by Jak* »

Hi, there was a similar thread about a month ago titled IPhone mounts so if you search for that you may see some answers. I have an ultimate addons case. The case is very robust and waterproof on the bike, the mounts are relatively cheap and seem to work very well. I use it on road on my outfit and off-road on my CCM and have had no problems.
Cheers Jak
GB

Post by GB »

Thanks, I will search for it, I don't really want a case, to much faffing at the garages/Mac Donald's :lol: only want it for charging when on long camping trips, I charge a power bank under the seat which i use as an emergancy jump starter and a charger for cameras etc.
scoobydidler

Post by scoobydidler »

I've just got myself a quad lock. Adverts all over Facebook. I did a uk coast to coast trip recently using it and it was faultless. A did rig a lanyard up just in case it ejected itself from the bars seeing as it was the first time I'd used it but i won't bother in future. Great bit of kit.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

scoobydidler

Post by scoobydidler »

scoobydidler wrote:I've just got myself a quad lock. Adverts all over Facebook. I did a uk coast to coast trip recently using it and it was faultless. A did rig a lanyard up just in case it ejected itself from the bars seeing as it was the first time I'd used it but i won't bother in future. Great bit of kit.

. Image

GB

Post by GB »

I have seen them, was speaking to a guy in the channel tunnel had one fitted to his Triumph and he was pleasantly surprised by how well it held on. I have a RAM 1" ball that I want to utilise as I have no room on the handle bars to bolt to as such using flex bars.
adventuredon

Post by adventuredon »

I bought something very similar to this 6 years ago. I probably paid £15 then. Done 60k on the GS and never once had an issue. Bike stands outside and it is always attached so the plastics lasted well. I swapped it to my AT recently and again, no issues. always on the handlebars. Easy to angle, charge and at one stage, I even used it to hold my one touch camera so I could snap away whilst riding...

I only use it now and again, but mainly to charge a phone/power bank or e cig as I am riding. I'd recommend this as a cheap, solid, go to..https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360-Degree-B ... 9D7LNaIzyw

Return to “TECHNICAL”