Rain suit recommendation

Does my ass look big in these?
SSchultz

Rain suit recommendation

Post by SSchultz »

Looking for a rain suit that's one piece, most important needs to have side zips( both sides) from chest all the way to the bottom so you can quickly put it on without taking your boots off. All I can find is rubbish suits with one zip from neck down to one knee, or only trousers with the zipped sides.
maxriddy

Re: Rain suit recommendation

Post by maxriddy »

Not exactly what your mention but a good choice to ride in rain. You can find here; Spyke SHV one piece rain suit
Gerry Atric69

Post by Gerry Atric69 »

Review of rain suits in latest Ride magazine.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

why don't you get a normal 2-piece waterproof over-suit
eg,.. £10 -£15 MandP
o just checked .. perhaps they are dearer then?
https://www.mandp.co.uk/catalogsearch/r ... proof+suit

anyway . ahem .. a 2-piece is more versatile,..you can slip the top on in a slight shower, then the trousers if it gets too heavy.
.. if its a dodgy day you can wear just the top, without too much discomfort or trouble, and it keeps out the cold, a lot.

also the fit is more guaranteed to your size as obviously, the length is variable.
.. and stops crutch pull/strain when you bend over forward (for riding the bike :) )

ps .. won't zips tend to leak?

anyway ..
https://www.mandp.co.uk/oxford-bone-dry ... k-sml.html
this one is only £29 and could leak just as good as a really expensive one. :)
SSchultz

Post by SSchultz »

I don't mind the odd shower, I have goretex trousers and jacket, they can take a lot of rain but after a while the outer textile layer gets wet, heavy and cold. Not exactly comfortable getting in them next day after a night camping.

I need a rainsuit for long rainy rides, (2 days +). The most important is to be able to put it on or take it off in a hurry without removing my boots, which are the chunky Forma Adv long. And since these boots are absolutely awesome no wonder I don't want to take them off :D

Dainese have some rain over trousers with long zips, the yellow ones, a bit expensive at 80quid.

If I can't find something better, I think I'll go for the less known Sinisalo Poro, a little pricey at about £125 but ticks every box for me.

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en ... -Poro-0008

That's all I found so far, still looking, I know BMW had a few years back a rain suit with long side zips underarm to ankle. The person I saw wearing it was a BikeSafe / Fire/ IAM instructor, he said he had the suit for years and couldn't stop praising it's qualities.
Attachments
Dainese-Rain-Pants-1.jpg
Dainese-Rain-Pants-1.jpg (33.85 KiB) Viewed 4605 times
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

I have some of that Oxford Rain Gear.

I have worn it in some torrential rain day after day and I’ve remained bone dry.

I have the same boats and the trousers goes over them without issue.

Far handier having the two piece in my own opinion and a bargain compared to £130+
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography
gbags

Post by gbags »

Oxford one piece rain suit does just what you ask.
I’ve ridden it in huge rain and stayed dry. It has about triple cover on the front and is amazing..and pretty cheap.
They don’t look cool and you’ll sweat when the rain stops but, by God, they’re great in the rain.
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

I used a one piece Hein Gericke during a European trip to Poland last year and it kept me dry in sleet and rain

Bought a Spada two piece this year for speed of putting on and it's leaked in a heavy downpour so not impressed

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

German army Goretex--with salopettes---even keep the hood and put your helmet over the top--no rain will get down your neck. Buy XXL and just throw it on when it looks like rain--the generous jacket sits over the crutch just like an old dispatch riders coat--super long zips so that the bottoms can be put on OVER your boots. Rolls up small--35 quid for the jacket and about 25 quid for the trousers--the best Goretex on the planet--and keeps your textile stuff dry and avoids the need to wear any inner goretex liner. You may not look like the latest GS rider but you will stay dry and warm!! :lol:
SSchultz

Post by SSchultz »

catcitrus wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:30 pm German army Goretex--with salopettes---even keep the hood and put your helmet over the top--no rain will get down your neck. Buy XXL and just throw it on when it looks like rain--the generous jacket sits over the crutch just like an old dispatch riders coat--super long zips so that the bottoms can be put on OVER your boots. Rolls up small--35 quid for the jacket and about 25 quid for the trousers--the best Goretex on the planet--and keeps your textile stuff dry and avoids the need to wear any inner goretex liner :lol:
Thank you Sir! :D exactly what I was looking for - just bought the trousers for 30 quid in Supergrade condition. Combined with my old british army goretex jacket, problem solved!

Return to “CLOTHING”