The Royal Enfield Himalayan ,great value.

The Things We Ride
moto al

The Royal Enfield Himalayan ,great value.

Post by moto al »

image_2017-03-27.jpeg
image_2017-03-27.jpeg (115.25 KiB) Viewed 12210 times
moto al
The Sarge

Re: The Royal Enfield Himalayan ,great value.

Post by The Sarge »

Has anyone taken the plunge ??

:whistle:
Trev

Post by Trev »

One of the ugliest bikes I've ever seen, looks like I built it myself ...... I quite like it (thumbs)

Will need to be comfortable at least 10/15mph+ than my Enfield efi is though for even half sensible touring distances though unless you have a lot of time on your hands
ds99

Post by ds99 »

kito

Post by kito »

I sat on one at the Manchester bike show at the weekend. The throttle twisted the wrong way. Wtf is that so it speeds up as you go over the bars or is it a 5 speed reverse bike ?
Big Red

Post by Big Red »

The one doing the bike show rounds is the one that has been doing the rounds of all the bike shows. Going by the number of punters climbing all over it I would be suprised if things aren't working properly.
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

It looks like a 40 year CB250 and I bet it rides like it as well. I can't see many people over here spending out for that when there are many other better bikes for the same money.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Big Red

Post by Big Red »

I am one of those who has taken the plunge. Delivery date is end may to early june. As for problems, I wonder how many people have in reality had problems. As per usual its only those who have problems shout the loudest. I have been looking and watching since they were first mentioned and people who have had problems seem to be getting them sorted.
Mine is going to replace a royal enfield electra x, which after some major problems has given me three years reliable service. In fact it was more reliable than my f650cs which was stolen last year
kito

Post by kito »

Big Red wrote:The one doing the bike show rounds is the one that has been doing the rounds of all the bike shows. Going by the number of punters climbing all over it I would be suprised if things aren't working properly.
What has that got to do with a throttle twisting the wrong way ? The was a bike there with 330,000km on and it's throttle twisted the right way. I've seen Chinese bikes dragged out of swamps and it still twisted the right way. If that's there attention to detail when they are showing it off what must it be like on one they sell the punter ?
Big Red

Post by Big Red »

The dealer Im getting mine from was allocated 6 bikes. On the Sunday of the Edinburgh bike show mine was the 4th one he had sold. One of the remaining 2 was to be a demo model

Return to “BIKES”