North Catalunya day out

Where you've been and what you done
ReaperX

North Catalunya day out

Post by ReaperX »

Good morning fellow roders. Well after stablish myself un my town of origen and having now morè time to Explorer, I took the big Katm to the hills, knowing full well of the terrain and condicions that I may face.
Well got her ready and fully dresses left the House, first stop petroli and fill the tyres with aire, (first mistake)
Then hit the trail, all when ok till I notice I was on the wrong side of the big road, so a U-turn was needed.
After getting to the right sisè lloc was well eventual if the big KTM was very Junoy under the rough and stony terrain.
But pressing on I when, then I meet a friend (he was running) mmmm and de had a chat, then before I left he said well good luck with this and I carry on, no taking much notice I dissapeard in the distance.
The terrain got rockier and a little steep, the KTM continue to feel very jumpy but I carry on despite of nearly hitting a tres and fallen over the edge at some point lol.
Carry on I when and finnally seen t'he road got a bit better, well thats what I thought till I meet these mountain-bike riders and said good luck you Will need it. ?? I thought. But carry on I when, I was hot and sweaty and the bike was getting heavier from the jumps and stones.
I stop to have a rest and see the scenery witch at this point was great, and I was really enjoying the rude, despite the few misshaps.
Then left and continue on the journey till I encounter mud and ruts, would it been fine of I would have change the tyres to my knoblies but not with the tyres that I had on. And all of a sudden realize why they all said good luck to me. Well it was two options carry on or Turn back, but I carry on, through all sorts of drap, mud and morè mud loose stones and mud and crash the big KTM fell on the floor, broke the mirror and nothing more, still what should I do I thought? Only one thing carry on so saddle jo and away we when my steed and me. After many morè K's I was defeated, the hill would have finish me if I would have attempted to go up it. So I had no more choice to turn back, and thats what I did but I when a deferent way home wich was a little morè pleasant and finally I got home after 4 hours ride.
Well what have I learn, first if you are trying to hit the trails with road tyres don't fill t'hem with aire till the right level, leave them soft, to absorb the stones and bumps.
Then Change the F tyres to Knoblies much easier .
And then leave the F back box at home and removent the F mirror hahaha
But after all of that it was a brilliant brilliant ride.
I took a few pics but I will post t'hem later on my computer.
Have a good day people.
ReaperX

Re: North Catalunya day out

Post by ReaperX »

boboneleg

Re: North Catalunya day out

Post by boboneleg »

SNAP !!

although I took my photo on Salisbury Plain :laugh:

one-legged adventurer

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”