SARN HELEN again

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
stubbs

Re: SARN HELEN again

Post by stubbs »

Which part can you not ride? I have ridden this a few times on the Taffy where you drop down to. River crossing and was looking to do the same in a few weeks, any grid reference for this would be welcome. Thanks in advance.
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

The Sarge wrote:Calling Richard Simpson !!!!

I will be riding it this Sunday when I get home, they'll need to get up early to catch me :whistle:

Sarge
Nice one Sarge I did sarn last time I was out your way , and will be doing it again Feck um it's legal ,
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

boboneleg wrote:Did they actually get their bikes confiscated?
HP (who I have not met but is well known in s wales trail riders) has written that 4 riders had bikes confiscated?
he wrote that they were charged for `public nuisance` .. so this is a change of tack, from s59 or s34.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

remember that the great Robin Hickin is resigned or moved or summat, that there are new `directors`, that Gray has moved from swtrf to htrf, that Richard Simpson does not seem to be active in swtrf?, having moved,
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

garyboy wrote:
boboneleg wrote:Did they actually get their bikes confiscated?
HP (who I have not met but is well known in s wales trail riders) has written that 4 riders had bikes confiscated?
he wrote that they were charged for `public nuisance` .. so this is a change of tack, from s59 or s34.
Were the riders on Sarn , the legal bit or the illegal bit , they won't be confiscating my bike for riding a legal trail that's for sure , if you are riding like a twat on illegal routes then you deserve to have your bike confiscated , :evil:
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

They won't be confiscating mine either, especially for 'Public Nuisance' anyway I can guarantee there won't be anyone there at 08:30 at either end. They usually sit on the gate at the Coelbren entry and also the Ystradfelte road entrance for the upper Sarn, You can get on to Sarn without using either of these entrances if you know where to go. I can't wait, weather forecast looks brilliant and I have a new set of tyres to try out .....Braaaaaap !!

Wanted to add that I hope Richard Simpson is alright and not disaffected by the shite going on in TRF, he is a solid bloke and a pleasure to ride with (thumbs)

Sarge
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

///Were the riders on Sarn , the legal bit or the illegal bit /// quote dmbob

I just looked at the os map ..
the red one (smaller scale?) shows no boat! ( I am positive is Used to!!)
the green one (larger scale?) shows a BOAT all the way from Banwen to forest lodge !!
(this is not definitive of course, but a good guide? or excuse?)
the definitive map and list of streets are the boys! ... [not ever seen either, actually]

ps ... yes ... Richard and Robin used to make a formidable ROW team!
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

garyboy wrote:
What I can't get my head around is how one PCO (or whatever they are) could physically confiscate four bikes? were they TRF members, if so what are the TRF doing about it.
one-legged adventurer
luckiegar

Post by luckiegar »

Seems to me ten years ago before forums and social media , you know what we just road the lanes used to do that lane all the time got stick sometimes most not know it's all Chinese whispers just ride it TRW have lost the plot to much politics
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

boboneleg wrote:
garyboy wrote:
What I can't get my head around is how one PCO (or whatever they are) could physically confiscate four bikes? were they TRF members, if so what are the TRF doing about it.
Neither pcso nor park authority can confiscate bikes.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”