what's the best textile suit

Does my ass look big in these?
Wozzy

Re: what's the best textile suit

Post by Wozzy »

For several years now i've been using a belstaff explorer jacket which i cannot fault, but unfortunately when belstaff was brought out by the italians this jacket ceased to be ..... or so i thought until i stumbled across a company called BMG (british motorcycle gear) who did a jacket called the discovery which turned to be the exact same jacket and the trousers to match which are called the pioneer.

Jacket review
Doggo

Post by Doggo »

Mike,

Hein Gericke have a deal right now:

£230 for the Nagano/Atlas Gore Tex 2 piece suit instead of £430 - look on the Website under "Summer Clearance".

No brainer I reckon. Gutted I just bought kit otherwise I'd be investing.
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

When a man is tired of motorcycling, he is tired of life
davsato

Post by davsato »

you'll never get a definative answer to that one, as its opinion based like whats the best bike?
Dave
hornet

Post by hornet »

Doggo wrote:Mike,

Hein Gericke have a deal right now:

£230 for the Nagano/Atlas Gore Tex 2 piece suit instead of £430 - look on the Website under "Summer Clearance".

No brainer I reckon. Gutted I just bought kit otherwise I'd be investing.
yup saw the ads turned up the day the sale started(first in the shop as well) and they had none at all ,in any size and tried calling around and i could have an xxl jacket if i wanted but no trousers which as im 5ft9" and 11 stone was probably not going to fit

I would not order online as you all know its got to fit I mean really fit everywhere

hornet

ps the spada jacket in the last ABR got a really good write up perhaps a real bargin at 109 squids if memory serves me
Two wheels roaming. My FB page
2 wheeled tourist

Post by 2 wheeled tourist »

Found the spread on textile jackets in the latest mag worth a read, but, when on a trip to Touratech in Southern Germany four weeks back, they had some great RUKKA jackets, the cheapest came to around 800 Euros’ while the other was priced at 990 Euros :ohmy:

Great jackets, but very expensive, but no doubt, worth every penny???

P1010004_2011-07-16.JPG
P1010004_2011-07-16.JPG (34.03 KiB) Viewed 2191 times
Hey! I'm a tourist. And that's how I like it.
Doggo

Post by Doggo »

hornet wrote:
Doggo wrote:Mike,

Hein Gericke have a deal right now....
yup saw the ads turned up the day the sale started(first in the shop as well) and they had none at all ,in any size and tried calling around and i could have an xxl jacket if i wanted but no trousers which as im 5ft9" and 11 stone was probably not going to fit

I would not order online as you all know its got to fit I mean really fit everywhere

hornet
When is a sale not a sale eh? Bad luck, Hornet. Sounds like I'm giving HG undeserved advertising.

Incidentally, the zips are going on jacket and trousers of the HG kit I bought in April...
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

When a man is tired of motorcycling, he is tired of life
f2uk

Post by f2uk »

I have just bought the spada adventure suit, there is a review on here.
I can't fault it.
Kept me dry in the p*ssinf rain in Sweden and the trousers were actually long enough, with correctly positioned knee armour, to actually stay at full length when riding .... I.e. Not half way up your boots,
Udders

Post by Udders »

davsato wrote:you'll never get a definative answer to that one, as its opinion based like whats the best bike?
That's easy.......... BMW R 1150 GS!
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Udders wrote:
davsato wrote:you'll never get a definative answer to that one, as its opinion based like whats the best bike?
That's easy.......... BMW R 1150 GS!
Agreed. :woohoo:
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
gebrauchtwagen83

Post by gebrauchtwagen83 »

i misunderstood, i thought you meant 1 piece textile suits

Return to “CLOTHING”