Enduro v5

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
kito

Enduro v5

Post by kito »

If you was to buy a secondhand enduro bike without v5 (never been road registered ) then register it yourself how much cheaper would you want it to be and how hard is it to get an age related plate an v5 ?
Without a number plate on the bike now is it possible to do reliable history checks ?
The seller says they have had the bike from new they have the original shop receipt , original owners book and all numbers match up.
Uncle Buck

Re: Enduro v5

Post by Uncle Buck »

Dave,

If it can pass an mot and has an EU certificate of conformity you'll be fine. If he doesn't have the coc you should be able to call the manufacturer and get one using the vin, depending on age. If you have the vin, call the manufacturer with that and ask them for a coc. I got one for an imported Honda (yes, the alp) and it was quick and free. With that and the application fee £55 plus 1st years tax, you'll be on your way.

So, for the hassle and if manufacturer confirms coc, I'd want it to be at least £200 cheaper than one already registered. the coc verified the build year so I got an age related plate.
OnHellas

Re: Enduro v5

Post by OnHellas »

And also DVLA can request to inspect the bike before they register it.
You won't be able to ride it to the MOT station as its not road registered. (Obvious but people do overlook that sometimes)
If it was me I'd want it to be a fair bit cheaper as I've had interesting experiences getting great imports registered in the past.
Personally l'd find one already registered, do an HPI check, and buy that.

'Let us know how you get on' as the old saying goes.

Return to “HOW TO..........”