DPD driver hit and run( and more). Keep your camera on all the time.

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
SSchultz

DPD driver hit and run( and more). Keep your camera on all the time.

Post by SSchultz »

micksea

Re: DPD driver hit and run( and more). Keep your camera on all the time.

Post by micksea »

clever bloke,he"s bang to rights on causing the accident,threatened a witness and it looked like he cleared his own dashcam,he"s bound to get a caution and a 60 quid fine :dry:
fraserdog

Post by fraserdog »

I think he'll be head of the dole queue when DPD see the vid
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

micksea wrote:clever bloke,he"s bang to rights on causing the accident,threatened a witness and it looked like he cleared his own dashcam,he"s bound to get a caution and a 60 quid fine :dry:
Add leaving the scene of the accident onto that list.
SSchultz

Post by SSchultz »

If you look at the comments section, even if the rider reported the incident both to DPD and the Police none of them took any significant action yet.
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

We have a DPD main depot near to where i live and i don,t have a good word to say about any of their driving standards. What a bunch of arseholes!
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

Someone l know had a DPD van rear door swing open as the van passed his parked car & took off the mirror & scratched the door the DPD guy stopped & closed the door & drove off there were witnesses it was reported to police & DPD but nothing ever came of it???
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
geoham

Post by geoham »

I have a gopro thats always on when im on the motorbike plus i have a dash cam in the VW T5 and I'm installing one I'm my other half A3.
I'm even considering getting a very small one for when I'm out cycling and commuting to work as it's madness out there nowadays!
Philiptigerrice

Post by Philiptigerrice »

A good friend of mine last winter, was half a dozen cars back, at a traffic lights. Two lanes - the right hand lane was right turn only.

He filtered easily and safely to the front, and pulled away safely when the lights turned green.

There was a grey audi, in the right hand lane, who was somehow offended by his filtering - he decided to launch himself away from the lights - into the oncoming traffic, and went straight ahead instead of turning right.

He pulled alongside my pal, and deliberately moved his car at him - hitting the bikes mirror and almost knocking him off.

The car then pulled ahead, again on the wrong side of the road.

My pal then came alongside him in stationary traffic, and invited him politely, to pull over, since they had been in a collision. The guy told him to F Off - he was told he was on video -but he didn't care.

Later, the video was sent to the police. The weren't interested initially, but he went back and physically showed it to the guy on the desk. Who was shocked - it was pretty nasty...

The man got a knock at the door later that day - and last month had his day in court.

Interestingly - in Court - the judge was about to do him with due care and attention...

The prosecution asked if the judge had seen the video - he had not - the film was showed (bizarre right!) and instantly the judge did him for due care and attention, dangerous driving, leaving the scene and something else. He was fined - and banned for 12 months. The guy has lost his job too we understand.

(thumbs)
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
geoham

Post by geoham »

Philiptigerrice wrote:A good friend of mine last winter, was half a dozen cars back, at a traffic lights. Two lanes - the right hand lane was right turn only.

He filtered easily and safely to the front, and pulled away safely when the lights turned green.

There was a grey audi, in the right hand lane, who was somehow offended by his filtering - he decided to launch himself away from the lights - into the oncoming traffic, and went straight ahead instead of turning right.

He pulled alongside my pal, and deliberately moved his car at him - hitting the bikes mirror and almost knocking him off.

The car then pulled ahead, again on the wrong side of the road.

My pal then came alongside him in stationary traffic, and invited him politely, to pull over, since they had been in a collision. The guy told him to F Off - he was told he was on video -but he didn't care.

Later, the video was sent to the police. The weren't interested initially, but he went back and physically showed it to the guy on the desk. Who was shocked - it was pretty nasty...

The man got a knock at the door later that day - and last month had his day in court.

Interestingly - in Court - the judge was about to do him with due care and attention...

The prosecution asked if the judge had seen the video - he had not - the film was showed (bizarre right!) and instantly the judge did him for due care and attention, dangerous driving, leaving the scene and something else. He was fined - and banned for 12 months. The guy has lost his job too we understand.

(thumbs)
Sounds like a result to me.
I see this kind of thing alot when out on the road and that's the reason for my cameras.

Return to “VIDEOS”