Looking for a new double camp bed.

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
ollydog

Re: Looking for a new double camp bed.

Post by ollydog »

Brenhden wrote:Morning all,

Off for some romantic camping with my lady in two weeks and need a new inflatable bed. Can anyone recommend a plush one that will last longer than a season?

Cheers

Bren
ha ha ha that's never going to happen, but good luck with that one bren, if you do find one let use all know LOL

mikes got the right idea and it builds up the playing out tokens

steve
AustinW

Post by AustinW »

We have one of these: http://www.exped.com/international/en/p ... ep-duo-400. Its great and way way way much better than 2 loose bags or 2 bags zipped together and packs really small - like one sleeping bags worth.. If you already have 2xExped down mats then the duvet is great addition to them, if not its a good excuse to invest in a proper comfy sleeping system - she will thank you for it. We have used the system down to about 5c, but much colder and you need something extra on or over. But like most things Exped there's a price to pay, but IMHO its been well worth it.

You will have to have to order form germany as for some reason Exped don't import them into the UK. We got ours from OutdoorFair.de and it arrived in a few days after ordering. I also believe Thermarest do something similar to fit their mats.
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Brenhden wrote:She already asked about coming (thumbs)
You do know Tents ain't soundproof dontcha ?

cue the sniggering around the campsite*
geoham

Post by geoham »

We have use a Vango double bed air mattress for the last 2 years and it's still going strong.
nevsey

Post by nevsey »

AustinW wrote:We have one of these: http://www.exped.com/international/en/p ... ep-duo-400. Its great and way way way much better than 2 loose bags or 2 bags zipped together and packs really small - like one sleeping bags worth.. If you already have 2xExped down mats then the duvet is great addition to them, if not its a good excuse to invest in a proper comfy sleeping system - she will thank you for it. We have used the system down to about 5c, but much colder and you need something extra on or over. But like most things Exped there's a price to pay, but IMHO its been well worth it.

You will have to have to order form germany as for some reason Exped don't import them into the UK. We got ours from OutdoorFair.de and it arrived in a few days after ordering. I also believe Thermarest do something similar to fit their mats.
+1 for the Exped, we use that as well very good system and no bigger than one bag.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Peirre wrote:
cue the sniggering around the campsite*
Reminds me of the Wyeside campsite in Rhayader where an 'enthusiastic' young lady outdid all our chatting into the night with her 'noises'.

As we rode out in the morning she crawled out of her tent to a chorus of our horns going off. Fair play to her though as she stood there and took a bow while her boyfriend had the reddest face I've ever seen :blush: :kiss: :laugh:
one-legged adventurer
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

If you're using air beds get two singles because otherwise every time one of you moves the other one does! If you've got a double sleeping bag you'll still be able to do whatever you want but when you roll [strike]off[/strike] over she won't get bounced about (thumbs)
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

boboneleg wrote:Reminds me of the Wyeside campsite in Rhayader where an 'enthusiastic' young lady outdid all our chatting into the night with her 'noises'.
Over 10yrs ago I posted a spoof for sale Ad on a custom bike forum (bikersweb) advertising a 3-4 man sound proof tent, noting it was "ideal for those embarrassing rally shag moments". Despite everyone getting the joke I still received several PM's enquiring if I still had it, most of the PM's where from certain ladies I knew

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”