Klim

Does my ass look big in these?
Biquad

Re: Klim

Post by Biquad »

In 2008 I bought for cash one of the very first batch of XT660Z Tenere's and also wanted some good quality biking gear. The gear that I had been using was the old fashioned canvas outer with waterproof liner underneath. I have predominantly use my bike for camping and had been fed up with taking wet gear into my tent. All hail the Klim, as a previous messager has said just shake off the water, end of.
When I go camping now I carry a big brolly and five mins under that and the outer of the jacket is dry.
The Klim gear was new in 2008, the pants have just started to leak at the crutch. I worked out that the jacket and pants have done approx 50,000 miles, the jacket is still good. Cost in 2008 was about £700, that's less than £100 per year and I've never been wet in that time.
PS I will be getting a new pair of pants soon.
But hey I'm too old to get wet or cold..............and in the UK we all know that wet = cold.

Steve
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Mike54 wrote:The Overland has an "american offroad" cut, so if you're normally an XL say, you may well need a large only. Best advice is go to a dealer and try them.
Absolutely, I bought an Overland jacket on the weekend from Adventure Spec. I usually take a XL but I bought a L in the Klim and there is plenty of room.
one-legged adventurer
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

tired fc moto never had them at the price advertised

steve
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

Chewy750 wrote:Had a latitude misano jacket for 3 years, wear all the time, its good, but didn't pay £550, they are going for £259 on FC-Moto at the moment (I paid about £300 I think). The only complaint I have is the fact that there is no thermal liner, but a fleece or something else underneath is just as good. Never leaked no matter what has been thrown at it.
yes i saw that price but they dont have any, but have them at a revised price though when i asked so think it will be J&S Northwich

steve
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

Is Klim expensive?....yes

Is it good? ....yes

Is it worth the price?.....Probably

I've had a pair of Latitude trousers for nearly 4 years. It's been down the road at 30 mph & survived the bin. I no longer wear it daily, but if going on a journey I have to justify not wearing it. The vents are excellent & so is the waterproofing, even the layout of the pockets is well thought, no pressure points (thumbs)

I bought a £100 jacket back in September & have worn it daily since. I'm now considering getting rid of it as it's tired, the pockets are coming apart & it's just a bit naff :(

Which one was the waste of money?
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
jaffa1963

Post by jaffa1963 »

Ken Shabby wrote: No sorry as I say I'm not paying over 500 pounds for something made in China, just so some fat American can get even fatter off the 900% profit margin he's just made out of me, whilst laughing all the way to the bank.

At the end of the day, a couple of quids' worth of silicone proofer will provide exactly the same 'water running off' effect you describe...

But as the saying goes, "there are none so blind as those that refuse to see" and I've had this discussion before with people who have paid 600 quid for an Arai helmet which only scores 3 out of 5 in the SHARP test (lower than some 40 quid Chinese polycarbs) but still simply refuse to apply their critical faculties and choose to believe marketing men rather than empirical, independent, scientific evidence.

So I know when I'm flogging a dead horse.

Waste your money as you will.
Gotta admit the price tag put me off for ages so I waited until it was 35% off. It's the best buy I ever made regarding bike gear.

Silicone spray will only keep the water off for a while and then the fabric becomes saturated and you get properly wet. Maybe you're a fair weather rider?

You stick to your delusions while we stay dry and cool in our Klim gear that's worth every penny spent on it.

There's no fool like a Shabby fool who thinks he knows it all.
Steve

jaffa1963

Triumph Tiger 800 XCX

BMW F650
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

jaffa1963 wrote:
Ken Shabby wrote: No sorry as I say I'm not paying over 500 pounds for something made in China, just so some fat American can get even fatter off the 900% profit margin he's just made out of me, whilst laughing all the way to the bank.

At the end of the day, a couple of quids' worth of silicone proofer will provide exactly the same 'water running off' effect you describe...

But as the saying goes, "there are none so blind as those that refuse to see" and I've had this discussion before with people who have paid 600 quid for an Arai helmet which only scores 3 out of 5 in the SHARP test (lower than some 40 quid Chinese polycarbs) but still simply refuse to apply their critical faculties and choose to believe marketing men rather than empirical, independent, scientific evidence.

Gotta admit the price tag put me off for ages so I waited until it was 35% off. It's the best buy I ever made regarding bike gear.

Silicone spray will only keep the water off for a while and then the fabric becomes saturated and you get properly wet. Maybe you're a fair weather rider?

You stick to your delusions while we stay dry and cool in our Klim gear that's worth every penny spent on it.

and he would rather wear a £40 polycarbonate helmet than an Arai, I rest my case :whistle:
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Ken does have a point, though

Klim seems to be carefully controlled in the UK, price wise (as is a lot of bike gear)

FC Moto seem to be able to do it a lot cheaper for all brands

I think Ken Shabby wasn't criticising KLIM gear and quality, just the amount of mark-up in it

Recently I went to a shop to have a look at a Traverse jacket for trailriding and at £259 it wasn't too bad price wise, looked good etc and people spoke highly of it

However I was unaware that for 2016 it was phased out and the shop only had small sizes left

They said it had been replaced by another Overland model at £379 - which didn't look a whole lot different (except had armour)

Being cynical, I could see where the extra £120 was, in the jacket features and design unless the armour was worth £120?

FC Moto seem much more competitive and this is a shame for UK bike shops selling KLIM

I now use FC Moto and recently bought a pair of Daytona Roadstar GTX boots - UK price £370 in our local town shop and £215 shipped from FC Moto, same boot and delivered in 3 days - nearly 50% cheaper than the local UK price 6 miles away

Sorry, but we'll vote with our wallets and feck RIP OFF Britain
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

I got my Latitude jacket & trousers from FC Moto, around £450 If I remember correctly.
They were the Misano version not the current version. Just as well, I don't like the current version. Sizes were limited. In fact I think they only had my size (small).
I thought I'd seen Moto Legends say they will beat any FC Moto price, shame they don't sell Klim.

Seeing as we're talking of Klim, has anyone tried the gloves?
I'm talking particularly about the Inversion gloves, Inversion Pro gloves, the old Adventure Gloves & the Powercross gloves.
Tried the Inversion gloves (not the insulated version) & they felt very thin.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

Nigel wrote:
jaffa1963 wrote:

and he would rather wear a £40 polycarbonate helmet than an Arai, I rest my case :whistle:
nigel, and probably your head if you wear a polycarb helmet, with you all the way on that one.

steve

Return to “CLOTHING”