Moto go loco/ Google Maps

benp1992

Moto go loco/ Google Maps

Post by benp1992 »

Eveing all,
I'm currently trying to plan my tour for the year and i'm having some difficulty with using google maps/moto go loco. I'm trying to plan it over a couple of passes in Switzerland and it wont let me put my route onto the passes eg Stelvio. i thought it may be because its winter and the roads are closed but i've managed to do it on the Grossglockner. Anyone have any clues as to why it might be doing this?
vRSG60

Re: Moto go loco/ Google Maps

Post by vRSG60 »

Tyre and Google maps does the same. It's because the passes are closed. I'm having the smae problem with the Furka Pass.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
JJay51

Post by JJay51 »

Same here, if you drop a waypoint either side of the bit it wont route you down, you'll be fine as long as you remember to ignore the 'turn around' command when you get on the pass, i did the same last year for a trail i wanted to do in France but the street view car hadn't gone down it so Tyre wouldnt let me route down it, ignored the turn around command and within 50 yds the nav was telling me to carry onto next waypoint so it had resumed the route as i wanted.
benp1992

Post by benp1992 »

Just a bit weird i can do it over some roads in Austria that are closed in Winter, but not Switzerland.

Ahwell will keep planning.

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”