Dakar on TV

The Things We Ride
-Ralph-

Re: Dakar on TV

Post by -Ralph- »

Should be a great year for bikes, with Coma doing the route, and Despres in a car.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

GB wrote:Just watch 2015 highlights on Eurosport, I am so looking forward to this.

Here is a thing, all the bikes have the exhaust running underneath and upswept at the back, really fancy that look if I get a 701?
It's for a practical reason not an aesthetic one. The rear fuel tanks are shaped in a such a way that a standard exhaust position doesn't work. It would be pointless and expensive to do that on a bike which did not require it.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

-Ralph- wrote:Have Eurosport done a route recce programme this year? Etienne Lavigne has done one in previous years, but Marc Coma is Sporting Director this year and Lavigne's had a promotion.
I think you mean david castera. Etienne is Director of the event.
GB

Dakar on TV

Post by GB »

Mike54 wrote:
GB wrote:Just watch 2015 highlights on Eurosport, I am so looking forward to this.

Here is a thing, all the bikes have the exhaust running underneath and upswept at the back, really fancy that look if I get a 701?
It's for a practical reason not an aesthetic one. The rear fuel tanks are shaped in a such a way that a standard exhaust position doesn't work. It would be pointless and expensive to do that on a bike which did not require it.
Yeah but it looks the tits!
Finally back on a GS :D
davsato

Post by davsato »

I was so disappointed with last(this) years coverage on Eurosport I'm not even bothering this time. Once you edit out the cars, the badly translated (and boring anyway) interviews, and ads you're left with bearable trucks and 10mins coverage of the motorcycles, 5mins of which is used up in fancy graphics and none of which touches on the far more interesting amateur riders.
I may be bah humbug, but its crap
Dave
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Mike54 wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:Have Eurosport done a route recce programme this year? Etienne Lavigne has done one in previous years, but Marc Coma is Sporting Director this year and Lavigne's had a promotion.
I think you mean david castera. Etienne is Director of the event.
Yes, I did mean Castera, I confusing him and Lavigne. So has Castera bowed out?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
herman

Post by herman »

davsato wrote:I was so disappointed with last(this) years coverage on Eurosport I'm not even bothering this time. Once you edit out the cars, the badly translated (and boring anyway) interviews, and ads you're left with bearable trucks and 10mins coverage of the motorcycles, 5mins of which is used up in fancy graphics and none of which touches on the far more interesting amateur riders.
Exactly why I am not bothering this year, it was as though it were being commentated on live with no notes :( I catch up with it on ADV.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

davsato wrote:I was so disappointed with last(this) years coverage on Eurosport I'm not even bothering this time. Once you edit out the cars, the badly translated (and boring anyway) interviews, and ads you're left with bearable trucks and 10mins coverage of the motorcycles, 5mins of which is used up in fancy graphics and none of which touches on the far more interesting amateur riders.
The F5 thread on ADVrider (racing forum) is awesome. Impossible to keep up with if you work for a living but its entertaining and good fun. The "cliff notes" thread will keep you upto date with actual news, same forum.
Selous

Post by Selous »

I looked in the tv guide says eurosport Ny eve etc, then 0815 on euresport nothing till 19.30!!!!
so run a dakar search found them all but cant series link, this years eurosports coverage seems to be only eves unable to link so not holding much hope.
if I went to france loads of it on the box!!

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Mike54 wrote:
The F5 thread on ADVrider (racing forum) is awesome. Impossible to keep up with if you work for a living but its entertaining and good fun. The "cliff notes" thread will keep you upto date with actual news, same forum.
try this http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/2 ... p.1113555/

Return to “BIKES”