Is it time to arm our Police ?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
desertraider

Re: Is it time to arm our Police ?

Post by desertraider »

We put are faith in armed police , thats all good and well , but when johnny jihad turns up on are shores , and he will , starts blowing shit up and lets go with an Ak47 , and theirs a pile of bodys and hopefully its not any of your loved ones , you will wish everybody was armed , i would be more than happy to be armed .
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Give them guns and guess what will happen. :whistle:
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

I rather arm me self !!! then if some crazed raghead runs in with an AK47 at least i could shoot back !!!
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

CRAIGREVO wrote:
If there was a gunman on the street then a fully trained armed response unit would deal with it.
Sorry mate but there are not enough units on duty at any one time to even contemplate a real level of cover.

I worked Hackney/Stoke Newington and Tottenham all my career. I worked the firearms and gangs unit for the last 5 years and trying to get armed police to support or respond was a joke. Not their fault I hasten to add, just the lack of them.

As for your quote above, trust me, from personal experience, it does not work.
moto al

Post by moto al »

Old Git Ray wrote:
CRAIGREVO wrote:
If there was a gunman on the street then a fully trained armed response unit would deal with it.
Sorry mate but there are not enough units on duty at any one time to even contemplate a real level of cover.

I worked Hackney/Stoke Newington and Tottenham all my career. I worked the firearms and gangs unit for the last 5 years and trying to get armed police to support or respond was a joke. Not their fault I hasten to add, just the lack if them.

WELL thank God il live in SCOTLAND. . Ok we have our problems ,thankfully there's very little race problems , also ,the quality of life is very good.and the big bonus is ,it's great place to ride ur Moto ,nae traffic. Utopia,apart from the midges. :pinch:
moto al
misterlaffer

Post by misterlaffer »

Recipe for more carnage. More guns mean more caught up in the crossfire. The rise in gun culture. The baddies need more guns to defeat the goodies which in turn mean more guns to defeat the baddies. This will escalate, and we end up with a system incapable of protecting it's people. Welcome to the USA.

Here's an idea, why not just take the guns off these people? How do they get their hands on them in the first place? How do they smuggle them into the country in the first place. If Governments spent as much money in getting guns off people as they do in getting taxes or illegal drugs off it's people there wouldn't be a problem.
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

moto al wrote: WELL thank God il live in SCOTLAND. . Ok we have our problems ,thankfully there's very little race problems , also ,the quality of life is very good.and the big bonus is ,it's great place to ride ur Moto ,nae traffic. Utopia,apart from the midges. :pinch:
..... and the Jocks.... :woohoo:
moto al

Post by moto al »

Old Git Ray wrote:
moto al wrote: WELL thank God il live in SCOTLAND. . Ok we have our problems ,thankfully there's very little race problems , also ,the quality of life is very good.and the big bonus is ,it's great place to ride ur Moto ,nae traffic. Utopia,apart from the midges. :pinch:
..... and the Jocks.... :woohoo:
sorry in this pc silly world ,I could call that racist. Once again thanks , I can laugh .??? :whistle:
moto al
Throttled

Post by Throttled »

It is time to have more armed police on duty at any one time, but not to arm the whole lot.
YBR125 > KLE500 + KLE650 Versys Tourer
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Old Git Ray wrote:
CRAIGREVO wrote:

I worked Hackney/Stoke Newington and Tottenham all my career. I worked the firearms and gangs unit for the last 5 years and trying to get armed police to support or respond was a joke. Not their fault I hasten to add, just the lack of them.

So maybe additional armed response units are the answer. But I personally think we don't need them. On the basis of what "if" a terrorist with a gun goes on a rampage.

Return to “THE PUB”