Loomies is closing!

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
Freeloadeur

Loomies is closing!

Post by Freeloadeur »

At the end of August Loomies contract on the lease of the building they rent, ran out. As there has been changes to the new lease they have decided not to renew ! The robbery they had a few months ago helped to influence their decision to close for good. So Loomies will be closed for good on the 26th oct 2014.

I've not managed to get there yet, despite it being just down the road really. So I guess it's going to be a mad dash down there before the another slice of biking history disappears.
Happiness has 125cc ...
Tramp

Re: Loomies is closing!

Post by Tramp »

You sure..i was there 2 weeks ago and no signs up or grumbling bikers..this place is heaving at weekends and even during the week with friendly faces ..
Like the rest of this country going to the dogs..
midlife

Post by midlife »

Yip they are closing. It is on their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Loomies- ... 5772405873
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Definitely going to close and by the sounds of it be redeveloped..shame but I suspect some none biking locals will be delighted at the news... Rising rents, changing contracts and being robbed have all led to the decision..despite being busy ( often with people just using it as a meeting place without buying so much as a cup of tea) it has been on a knife edge for a while...
Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

Thats a bummer, their breakfasts are legendary :(
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
btiratsoo

Post by btiratsoo »

Just in case anyone doesn't know, Loomies is still open. It was taken over and now doing really well.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

btiratsoo wrote:Just in case anyone doesn't know, Loomies is still open. It was taken over and now doing really well.
Good point, well made... I forgot to update my previous post....

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”