I bought the Honley

The Things We Ride
Angel

Re: I bought the Honley

Post by Angel »

If this works there will be a video of my Honley taken last weekend.

If it doesn't work just follow this link.

video link
thejokerman

Post by thejokerman »

my journey to work is 18 miles the bike will stall 4 or five times, usually at junctions/roundabout/trafic lights. it ticks over fine until i engage 1st gear, then there is a little electronic whistle ish noise, the she just stops. quite un-nerving when you are in lane 2 with an artic on your tail !
i have adjusted the throttle cable as far as i can and will probably take her back to the dealer to sort out. with only 300 miles on the clock and first oil change last sunday i really want this little bike on top form.
artic fox

Post by artic fox »

Yes that's what mine did at first but Angel (previous video) adjusted the tick over by a screw just under the tank on the near side (very awkward to get at) and after that the bike has been great, mine was worse on a slight incline pulling away I would stall it about 3 or 4 times but after the fix no problems, so maybe you're best taking it to your dealer or if you're near Angels place ( F2 motorcycles ) pop in and see David, I'm sure he'd like to see how other dealers are prepping their bikes, David goes the extra yard on his.
thejokerman

Post by thejokerman »

many thanks artic fox, just been out for a little ride and have decided to take it back to palmers to have it looked at. will let you know how that goes.
another little niggle for me is the lack of a centre stand, had to borrow a pit stand from my son to get the oil change volume right.

have fun on a super little bike.
artic fox

Post by artic fox »

Sorry for the late reply been very busy, the centre stand is a pain, I don't know if you are aware of these bikes being sold in the States, have a look at the extras they have in place for these bikes including a main stand and bigger luggage, screens etc, etc, puts our main importers (Earnshaws) to shame, I hope your dealer sorts it for you as they are a great little bike.
shed

Post by shed »

I was walking past a empty shop in paighton devon last week and in the window was red adventure bike fully kited out, having just read your thread I ve just realised I've seen my first honley (thumbs)
artic fox

Post by artic fox »

Cool looking aren't they, didn't know they come in red though, I have seen BMW's trying to look like Honleys haha!, they are seriously good fun, you should look up a dealer and try one out.
shed

Post by shed »

Yep it looked a decent bit of kit , I think it looks a very similar in styling to a honda crossrunner, (thumbs)
artic fox

Post by artic fox »

Went for a ride today just short of 90 miles and the bike was very comfy on the nether regions, only down side was the cross winds between Chatteris and March, very open on this stretch, I think I've worn the chicken strips down just going along a straight road haha, popped in to see David (Angel), poor man is not feeling well, then back home and wore off the chicken strips on the other side, I think it's the wind more than any other type of weather that I hate the most, you just can't see where the next gust is coming from.
ScottT

Post by ScottT »

Any more updates on how its performing?

Return to “BIKES”