The more you spend ,better the product ?????

The essential art of farkling.
Emf#53

Re: The more you spend ,better the product ?????

Post by Emf#53 »

Mate of mine was well chuffed with his unbranded jacket that he bought for not a lot of money just before our trip to Le Mans.

He wasn't so chuffed when it rained half way there and his brand new 'bargain' jacket leaked like a sieve !!

However I managed to blag a brand new Arai Tour X 4 for £350 this weekend to replace my old Tour X - top class kit at mid range price - happy days (thumbs)
xengibez

Post by xengibez »

I've got am alite chair and the wife's got a Chinese helinox copy, both are very comfortable but you can see where the money has gone on the Alite.As an aside I paid £140 for the Helinox Lite Cot new of eBay, and I've just spent 3 nights of the best sleep I've had in a tent,now not sure I'd pay £220 full whack but it's very light, very well made and as I've said very very comfortable... You pays your money for quality...
stromtrooper

Post by stromtrooper »

I bought a Rukka Aqua Air Rain suit costing £399.99 (a new product) from Motolegends. the suit is out performed by £50 worth from any old shop. This suit leaked at the first sign of rain leaving me to ride back to London from Norfolk sitting in a small lake. Motolegends did not want to know I would never use those companies again.
Big Red

Post by Big Red »

I have been using Ortleib gear for years, since long before Lomo came on the scene. After 15 years and I have no idea how many miles its all still as good as new. One bag had a slide up the road at 70mph and I couldn't tell you which one because it was unmarked.
I will try Lomo but only when the current stuff is worn out
steve172

Post by steve172 »

My philosophy is: buy the best you can afford.

Also, performance parts cost performance money.
fullerton

Post by fullerton »

Sleepy wrote:
wait for me wrote:Absolutely -
this leather jacket from Belstaff is a snip at over £1200 and pisses over anything that Alpinestars, Hideout or Dainese can muster :whistle:
Very nice, but we're talking about motorcycle clothing, not wine bar clothing.. :laugh:
i agree looks nice but could spend the money better, sorry but it prob is not better than brands stated for a trip down the road, where is the armour etc and i carnt comment on the stitching as i carnt see it

tip always buy the best and most expensive hair gel and you wont go wrong

steve
GreenT

Post by GreenT »

I wore the arse out of some Klim Chinook jeans (£120 odd)that didnd even last 1 season but the much more expensive Overlands that replaced them seem indestructible. Fractured my foot in a small off wearing £99 Thor boots but Sidi Crossfires have protected multiple times and still good for more. Came down from 12 feet (so I'm told / I cant remember it) on my shoulder in Forcefield armour and just got bad bruising. (Forcefield is "repeat impact" too so no need to worry whether it will work next time) I will keep buying the best I can afford, because I am an old git and don't bounce well nowadays, but just because it has the brand name (Klim Chinooks) doesn't mean its good.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I work in a business where we have to justify our day rates all the time and all I say to clients is that we have no hidden extras, if we make an arse of the job we put it right at our cost and I never turn my phone off so when they want something they can get hold of me.

We're always busy and have a good reputation. You get what you pay for.
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

I have a Rupse satnav with the IGO8 software on it. Works just as well as the TomTom software I have on and the Garmin 660LM I have all for less than £120. In fact the Bluetooth connection is better than the Garmin unit.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
Africa John

The more you spend ,better the product ?????

Post by Africa John »

I have two expensive helmets - a £400 Shoei and £500 Arai but I've done more miles in the £40 Tuvo peak I bought second hand from a member on here. Mind yoy when I sort my ZX7R iut and return to Cadwell it will be one of the other two I will be wearing! !

Return to “ACCESSORIES”