useful phone app - Google Photos

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
AlanQ

useful phone app - Google Photos

Post by AlanQ »

Something I find pretty useful these days is google photos. They've recently changed their terms so they now offer completely free unlimited cloud storage - as long as your images are less than 16 megapixel and video clips up to 1080P.

So if you sign up and install the app on your phone and then whenever you hook up with wi-fi all of the new images you've taken will be automatically backed up to the cloud. If your phone gets lost or damaged during your trip at least you've not lost all your photos. It's also very easy to tag pics and create albums (thumbs)

Given that its free its also worth backing up your photo archive from your PC as well, you can never have too many backups!
myrawilson

Re: useful phone app - Google Photos

Post by myrawilson »

The main application I use now and again is RTA Lite. I'm wary about how exact a telephone application can be for RTA utilize, yet it's a beginning stage in any event. For perspective I'm a tech in the nearby field, tradition focus, and theater complex; learned in the simple world, and afterward promptly began relearning while everything began going computerized 15 years prior. car service in westchester. Have made a greater amount of that progress on my chronicles at the home studio than I have in a live circumstance.
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

not being that savy as i have trouble putting phots on here how does it work
steve
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

One thing I found a bit worrying when I recently made a google account, it started automaticaly downloading pictures I had taken from my phone, storing them somewhere and emailing me offering me various adjustments to 'the photos'...now call me an old fuddy duddy (This may well be true), but ffs, I didnt ask for any of that, what if it had been something a bit naughty???.... :oops:

P.S.I'm sure the app is usefull and clearly you are being helpfull, but I can't help feeling that it won't be long before your Google Loo uploads the contents of your morning dump, analyses it and posts the result to your Facebook page complete with a rating based on comparison to your 'friends' latest evacuations :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

...anyway, I'm off to grind somesome dried berries in my pestal and mortar, i'm running short of blue for my cave paintings
bowber

Post by bowber »

You can turn all the backup stuff off. Mine doesn't upload photos and I just back them up to a local computer occasionally.

Steve
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

You can turn the up load off, but the main problem was they never did 3rd party hosting.
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

You only get unlimited cloud storage with Google Photos if you change the setting to 'high quality' resolution instead of 'Original' full resolution.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Brainfency

Post by Brainfency »

Yes it's really a very useful application. Although for a very long time, I could not understand why some photos take so long to load. I thought it was all about my Internet provider. Already then after a week of long loads I realized that it was in my phone. I Understand this exactly after I had broken pixels on the whole screen of the phone. It's good that I turned in time to the guys from Mr Fix to fix my phone. For that great thanks to them. I write this, so that if in a friend, you happen the same thing, you turn to special services. So let's hope that this does not happen
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

My phone came with this app already being installed but not being tech savvy I can't for the life of me find where they are being stored.If I go on Cloud it just says I haven't got anything stored! :cry:

Return to “HOW TO..........”