Honley in Wales

Where you've been and what you done
artic fox

Honley in Wales

Post by artic fox »

Well my little Honley did me proud. On Sat 9th we ( my mate Jamie on a Suzy bandit 1200 ) left for Caernarfon, a 270 mile ride, the first part on the A14, I had a few brown trouser moments due to the high winds and my bike being loaded Image.
Once we where on the motorway the winds settled a bit and the ride became more enjoyable. we had a break when we called into the British motorcycle museum, which I'm glad we did, there where some nice bikes. Then onwards,the bike was running smooth and steady at motorway speeds and the seat was very comfy, no numb bums or tingles and we eventually arrived at our base camp ( Cwm Cadnant Valley, ohh! spell checker doesn't like that one ), Sat to Wed £40 for the pair of us Image, each pitch had its own table/bench, free WiFi and they will charge your phone etc for 25p, from here it's about 1 mile into Caernarfon, so Sunday we went to visit the castle, Image, the winds where very high that day so we walked.
Monday we went for some beautiful rides including the Llanberis pass ( spellchecker hissy fit ) every where else was just a case of, oh I wonder where that road goes kind of day. Image
The bike was excellent, in fact I had to keep telling my mate ( who was leading, my sat nav crashed) to pick up the pace as my bike performs better over 6000 revs. Image.
Tues and we did the same sort of thing, just riding any road that looks interesting, then decided to have a look at Betswy Coed (take that spell checker ),Image, it was here that the group of bikers that are partly in the picture, came over to my bike, a couple of them had heard of them and they asked all kinds of questions about the bike and a few of them wanted to have a sit on it, they where all amazed by the build quality and 2 or 3 of them said they where definitely going for one so while we were all sitting down for a coffee I found a card from F2 motorcycles ( David Angel my dealer ) and said do any of you want this, now these guys where no spring chickens and one of them had a false leg but he dived over the table to grab it before the others.
Wed was pack up and go day and we decided to do it in 2 runs, when we stopped at the services to fuel up and have a coffee, we were approached again by a group who come to look at the bike ( a bit of a celebrity ) and the female partner of one, who rode I think an ST thought she would look into getting one, we arrived home at about 5:30, the bike averaged about 67 mpg on the motorways fully loaded and about 75 around Wales, nothing fell off and was a real pleasurable ride in total just short of an 800 mile trip. Image
Mad Hatter

Re: Honley in Wales

Post by Mad Hatter »

It does look a smart bit of kit mate and I'm really glad its going alright (thumbs)

I only missed you by a couple of days, was in betswy on Saturday :lol:
artic fox

Post by artic fox »

It's a beautiful place, lots of outdoor shops and cafe
Angel

Post by Angel »

Really pleased you enjoyed the trip. Anther one of our customers has just returned from France on his. He had a great trip as well. I took mine camping last weekend. If it works there will be a picture of it at the camp. I managed just over 72 mpg, but there are less hills here than in Wales.
Honleycamp001.jpg
Honleycamp001.jpg (98.72 KiB) Viewed 1799 times
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Glad you had fun guys.

This is one of my favorite parts of the world. This photo was taken between Llanberis and Betws-y-Coed, and before anyone asks: no it wasn't photoshopped, the sun is really out!

979502_10151632789356212_1115760335_n.jpg
979502_10151632789356212_1115760335_n.jpg (43.92 KiB) Viewed 1799 times
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Brenhden wrote:Glad you had fun guys.

This is one of my favorite parts of the world. This photo was taken between Llanberis and Betws-y-Coed, and before anyone asks: no it wasn't photoshopped, the sun is really out!

979502_10151632789356212_1115760335_n.jpg
That'll be the plas y brenin lake just outside caple curig by the look of it. I love north wales, its a beautiful part of the country. It does help that I always get a free room for the night in llanberis at my cousins :whistle:
Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

Nice report, and a nice bike, will be interesting to see how it behaves as the milage builds up.

Keep us posted (thumbs)

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”