Election

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
rlkat

Election

Post by rlkat »

2 results in so far; Sunderland South and Sunderland Central. Turnout: 56% & 57% respectively.
Utterly shameful.
Vote for whoever. Spoil your ballot paper. I don't care just as long as people turn up. You have no right to criticise any government if you don't vote.

ps. Just waiting for moto al to turn up for a bit of SNP gloating based on the exit polls!
I've no idea how to add a signature.
RandG

Re: Election

Post by RandG »

Isn't it a sign of peoples disillusion in the system, that's how I read it anyway.
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

dam it that was today?????????????????

you'd have thought there would have been something on the news :whistle:
Emf#53

Post by Emf#53 »

If the exit polls are right and I'd been paying You Gov, MORI etc for their polls in the run up to the election I'd be asking them for my money back !!!!!
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

RandG wrote:Isn't it a sign of peoples disillusion in the system, that's how I read it anyway.
If people are disillusioned at least turn up and spoil your ballot paper. In Sunderland South that could be 44% of the ballot papers spoiled. A message which will have been picked up by the media and all political parties.
I've no idea how to add a signature.
AirbusPaul

Post by AirbusPaul »

rlkat wrote:2 results in so far; Sunderland South and Sunderland Central. Turnout: 56% & 57% respectively.
Utterly shameful.
Vote for whoever. Spoil your ballot paper. I don't care just as long as people turn up. You have no right to criticise any government if you don't vote.

ps. Just waiting for moto al to turn up for a bit of SNP gloating based on the exit polls!
People from Sunderland only turn out to go to the chippy ! Oh and to collect there benefit's.
johnnyboxer

Election

Post by johnnyboxer »

Looks like the Conservatives have the mandate

Business as usual :)
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

It looks to me that we've seen a lot of protest voting rather than tactical voting and the end result is the Lib Dems all but wiped out, the SNP gaining a lot of seats in Scotland and UKIP getting 2.5 times more votes than the SNP for only one seat (thumbs)

Normally I'm very much in favour of proportional representation but this time I'm glad it's not in place.
threepot

Post by threepot »

Labour have had a right 'kicking'! 'New' Labour under Tony Blair has done more damage to British Politics than anyone I can think of? There doesn't seem to be a creditable alternative to the Conservatives?
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

If Cameron has got any sense the first thing he'll do will be to offer Scotland another referendum in the hope that they go and the Tories become near enough impossible to beat.

Return to “THE PUB”