anybody doing supermoto trackdays?

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
V_King

Post by V_King »

as am less and less interested in riding offroad due to non existend lanes in UK, thinking of swaping my xt with supermoto wheels and try some supermoto trackdays.

Is anybody involved with sm in midlands and could recommend any tracks and clubs? initial googleing led to dick measuring forums, instead of constructive info.
""
Wapping

Re: anybody doing supermoto trackdays?

Post by Wapping »

You can take a supermoto (or indeed any motorcycle that'll pass scrutineering) to most or all conventional trackdays held in the UK. Whether there are any dedicated only to the class of bike, I have no idea. If there are, I guess they will be centered on the smaller tracks, like Lyd in the southeast of England and those that host go-cart racing.

I see that the Scots seem to run a reasonably active Scottish supermoto activity / race club. I guess that it might be worthwhile contacting them, not because you might necessarily want to go supermotoing north o'the border but because I assume they woukd know who to contact elsewhere.

A Google of the simple phrase: 'supermoto club' turned up all sorts of sites and threads, many of which might stand a bit of investigation. They might not obviously tell you want to know, but I bet they'll know somebody who does.
Hoggyf

Post by Hoggyf »

Have a look on http://forum.ccmmad.co.uk/index/
There used to be a few guys there that did supermoto days, Rowrah in cumbria do them and I'm fairly sure 3 sisters in Wigan does them too.
Then:
Honda MB5, Honda MBX125, 350LC, RGV250, MTX125, GasGas JTX250, CM 644 DS, BMW R1100S, Beta Rev3 250, Beta Rev4T, Honda XL700V Transalp, BMW F800 GS, Kawasaki Super Sherpa
Now:
Montesa 4RT, Triumph Tiger 800, Beta Alp, Montesa 315
600+

Post by 600+ »

You are pulling my leg!!!

I was browsing the forum thinking of starting a thread on supermoto racing!!!

I've been googling and there aren't specific sm trackdays apart from any organised through the individual forums.

In fact I'm seriously considering selling the TDM and just doing sm racing in the novice class. I have no time to go on long bike tours these days and racing over a weekend is very appealing
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I know it's not Supermoto but CCM used to do short track training days which could lead on to racing in a limited championship and basically you had a day of training and practice on a speedway track then moved on from there.

Take it from me, speedway with 4 starters is a bit of a fright night but stick 8 starters on the line and go for it and you lose control of certain bodily functions :sick:

I did it and finished 2nd in my first race then retired unhurt. I'd have been a lot happier to retire with a record of entered one race, won one race but I was glad to get away unscathed.
dave j

Post by dave j »

Plenty of SM stuff over on the KTM forum.
KTM 1290 Super Adventure T - Power!
KTM 690 Enduro R - lighter to pick up
Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 - Fun.

Even our dogs are orange.

Only bikers understand why dogs put their heads out of car windows.
600+

Post by 600+ »

Which KTM forum is that?
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

This one...I'm guessing

http://www.ktmforum.co.uk/content/

My experience is that if you try to join it your application doesn't get processed, so I gave up on it.

Others may know different.
Rob 110

Post by Rob 110 »

pm admin if you don't get registered/activated on ktm forum. they are aware of the problem. Search Flydfest for the s'moto meet

http://www.kinshamraceway.co.uk/kinsham_racing.php does supermoto track days every weds, but its quite a tight short track. More suited to 450 than 660. But you can at least have a look before paying.

Or pay for trackdays and get beaten by sportsberks on the straights then go round the outside of them in the corners :D
Mid Wales Trails offroad tour guide: Barmouth, Llangollen, Dolgellau, Rhayader, Llandovery, Monmouth, Shropshire.

PM for details or click: SweetLamb Adventure Bike Academy

https://imgur.com/ZTqhFlL
V_King

Post by V_King »

thanks for al lthe info (thumbs)

kinsham looks promising and very reasonably prised. I prefer kart circuits as there is no fun in straights and have plenty of overtaking of sportsbikes in roundabouts :laugh:
""

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”