Came off this.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
sexysi

Came off this.

Post by sexysi »

Well this morning going to training course in Wokingham just came off the M3 towards Bagshot happily doing 15mph coming up to set of traffic lights, woman to my left decides to change lane and come into my lane right in front of me.

I was shocked, did she not see me. I end up smashing into the side of her car breaking the side window and then being dumped on the floor in the middle of the road.

I'm fine, cause it was a slow one. Got 3 witnesses one from this forum, it's a small world.

Bike looks like the screen/clocks/lights are damaged so will be expensive for her.

She said, I didn't see you, well maybe love you need to check before you pull out. She even offered to buy me a new set of gloves. TBH I would rather let the insurance company sort it.

What a fun morning, all I can say thank god for Bark Busters and crash bars, which really saved the bike.

si
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

2013 Triumph tiger 800 xc

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentbyways

http://www.kent-byways.co.uk/

hotbulb

Re: Came off this.

Post by hotbulb »

Glad you're OK.... good luck with the insurance!
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

Same sentiment as Hotbulb - glad you are OK.

Did you get it om camera? or is that for the insurance before we see it?
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

A bike can be replaced where as you cannot. Glad all is well with you.

I suppose if we ride in traffic long enough then this sort of thing will happen eventually.

On the plus side...your bike will get a nice clean with some new bits and bobs thanks to her.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Bark busters saved my hand when my bike kissed a car.

good to hear you are OK :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Glad to hear you're OK Si, I got kissed by a car once, what saved me from injury was my prosthetic leg believe it or not :woohoo:
one-legged adventurer
sexysi

Post by sexysi »

Had my camera on but not filming, bugger. So surprised the bike has more or less written off the Polo, as it smashed all the off side, took out the window. I think the crash bar must have smashed the side of the car and my left hand bark buster went through her rear window. I would totally recommend both of these upgrades, even if you don't take the thing off road.

si
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

2013 Triumph tiger 800 xc

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentbyways

http://www.kent-byways.co.uk/

Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

Glad you are OK and the bike can be fixed.

A word of caution...women often seem very sorry at the scene of a minor accident like this, but be prepared for her to decide that it's all your fault at some time in the near future. So keep hold of the witness details, otherwise you could end up paying for a new car window, plus whiplash injuries and the fact that she was so shocked she couldn't go to work for the rest of the week.
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

This must have been the only time ever that you were not filming?

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

The things people will do to get off work courses...anyway what were you doing on the m3 you should of lanned it down there...
Glad your ok though...

Return to β€œTHE PUB”