The Football Thread

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Alun

The Football Thread

Post by Alun »

Although I played rugby for 20 years and was crap at anything to do with the round ball I'd rather watch a good game of football than rugby any day, especially when the mighty Cardiff City are playing. So who do we all support on here? Any Pompy fans I can wind up after the weekend?
2 wheeled tourist

Re:The Football Thread

Post by 2 wheeled tourist »

Sorry Alun, but football bores the heck out of me, we just cannot sit there and watch this sport. It just does not float my boat. On the other hand the World Cup we do see, as it’s a “world competition” but UK footie? :X

We’re more keen on seeing track and field/ Olympics (winter & summer) etc.
Hey! I'm a tourist. And that's how I like it.
Mark Manley

Post by Mark Manley »

For actually using the F word on this forum I think you should buy a tea for all members who turn up at the Ace cafe for Sam's book launch, or at least a large donation to charity.
A wise man is one who doesn't make the same mistake once.
Alun

Post by Alun »

What a great start to this thread. :dry: Alright, what beach volley ball team do you support?
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

We pay a silly amount of money to Sky for Eurosport, bike racing!!!!

Real men. :woohoo:
Contact email [email protected] or pm.

Post by 03001978 »

I am not a big football fan, although it is nice to cheer on my local Aberdeen.
Aberdeen are always top of the league every year - but only at the start when they are in alphabetical order!

However, my brother is a big deen fan and recently went down to the St Johnstone game in Perth. This was the perfect excuse for a ride! so jumped on the bike went down to the game. He bought his £25 ticket and I turned round and rode home. I think the perfect balance of football and riding.

CW

Post by Guest »

I was hoping that the dreaded 'F' word would never be mentioned..Yuk..i wouldnt watch it if the world cup final was be played on the common near my home..no interest whatsoever..like all other 'sports' if there's money involved its a business,very big business..the ordinary fan has been pushed out..its all corporate greed and hospitality,marketing and tv rights etc,and yes that includes Moto GP...give me a nice sunny day and a quiet unclassified road..bliss..you can keep your 'sport':angry: :
irishtiger

Post by irishtiger »

Alun wrote:
What a great start to this thread. :dry: Alright, what beach volley ball team do you support?
Any of the female one's :whistle:
Not a football fan at all, would watch most other sports if the weather's not to good.
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
Aidan1150

Post by Aidan1150 »

I enjoy a good game of Gaelic football but love Hurling, our national game. The players of both games are amateurs and play for club or county for the love of the sport.

This coming Sunday is All Ireland final day with Kilkenny playing Tipperary in front of over 85000 fans in Croke Park in Dublin with no crowd segregation. It's a great day out.

This clip will give you an idea of how hurling is played.

irishtiger

Post by irishtiger »

Aidan I grew up playing rugby and watch Gaelic on the box. Never understood Hurling, Your video clip helped a little but still think its one hell of a mad game.:)
Are you going to the Final?
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag

Return to “THE PUB”