YAMAHA XT660R 2012

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
Brenhden

Re: YAMAHA XT660R 2012

Post by Brenhden »

RandG wrote:I hear what you are all saying but for me personally, I think the R model is hideous, sorry.
I have been looking for a big bike for ages and I always look at the R and think it looks a bit low and doesn't quite have the leggy lines I like in a bike. Then I look at the Z and its got some of the lines but its so heavy and when sat on one I didn't feel at home at all. Of the two I would take the R anyday.

In fact if I hadn't just spent all my pennies on upgrade I would have seriously considered this very bike :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
RandG

Post by RandG »

Everyone else's opinion on any bike means nothing to a perspective buyer though, it's what their opinion is that matters when buying.

I'm in the market for another road bike, I want a middle sized adventure style type bike, there are a few that float my boat, the tenere being the most, the 640 ktm but that's about it, I would even have an 855 tiger, but all said and done, that xtr doesn't do it for me I'm afraid, despite that being a cracking bike in the chaps add.
Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

I owned a Tenere and loved it and even though I am tall, I did find it quite a heavy C of G for more technical greenlaning and to pick up from little offs.

I went to Morocco last year and did a fly hire and booked a Tenere, upon arrival I got "fobbed off" with the R. Anyway I was using it for on and off road with Giant Loop luggage and it was excellent. Much lighter to pick up too and tank range was still very useful.

So big bump for this bike - if I didn't have so many I would be tempted B)
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
NDC.

Post by NDC. »

Cheers guy's for the comments. Your talking me in to keeping it :unsure:

You Tube Xtra Rough Road Channel

NDC.