YAMAHA XT660R 2012

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
NDC.

YAMAHA XT660R 2012

Post by NDC. »

HI AND THANKS FOR LOOKING AT MY AVERT FOR THIS YAMAHA XT660R 2012
UNDER 2 YEARS OLD AND UNDER 5500 MILES
THE BIKE IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AS YOU CAN SEE
ALL KEYS MANUALS AND PAPER WORK PRESENT AND CORRECT
LOG BOOK IN MY NAME AT MY ADDRESS
RUNS AND RIDES AS IT SHOULD. WELL LOOKED AFTER BY MATURE OWNERS 8)

EXTRAS:
SAT NAV
12V POWER OUTLET
HEATED GRIPS
HAND GUARDS
TALL TOURING SCREEN
STANDARD SMALL SCREEN
BASH PLATE
CRASH BARS
YAMAHA RACK
TOP BOX WITH QUICK RELEASE PLATE
SIDE RAILS AND STAHLKOFFER ALUMINIUM PANNIERS

AND IT'S TAXED :-)

PLEASE ONLY GENUINE BUYERS AND GENUINE POUND NOTES ONLY

SO NO POSTAGE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE

NO SCAMMERS OR CANVASSERS TRYING TO SELL IT FOR ME

IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE INFO AND TO TALK ABOUT IT
JUST SEND ME A MESSAGE

THANKS

LINKY: YAMAHA XT660R 2012

You Tube Xtra Rough Road Channel

RandG

Re: YAMAHA XT660R 2012

Post by RandG »

Such a pity it's not the Z or ones hand would've been bitten off.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

A lot of people say the R is a better bike. You don't need the second disc on the Z and the additional fuel range only counts if you're somewhere where fuel stations are a long way apart. The Z is a heavy lump (especially when it's full of fuel) if you want to take it off road and the Yamaha luggage is crap.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

I rode one of these to the Spanish border last year in two days, the back in two, with no more than 2-3 hours motorway on any day. So it was 12-14 hours in the saddle, covering 500 miles, each day. I didn't have a sore bum, or a sore anything.

It's lighter than the Z, lower so easier to handle off-road, or when loaded, and with the bigger screen and luggage mods this one has, the only advantage of the Z that I can see is pillion space.

If you ride solo, don't let the fact this is an R put you off. This bike is ready to tour!
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Emf#53

Post by Emf#53 »

Another thumbs up for the R - I did about 4,500 miles across Argentina and Chile in 2 weeks on mine - fully loaded up and it was fine - surprisingly comfortable!
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

If I was in the market for a 660 again I would buy one of these over a Tenere. The Tenere is just too tall and too top heavy for me. The only plus the Tenere has is a better screen and a bigger tank.

The R makes a much better lane or play bike but the Z is a better mile eater..i know...I did enough in a short space.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

back off you lot; I was going to ask Nick for a bit of commission if he sells it to someone who originally wanted a Tenere :whistle:
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

AndyB wrote:back off you lot; I was going to ask Nick for a bit of commission if he sells it to someone who originally wanted a Tenere :whistle:
I started my reply before you, you just typed less words quicker.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
AustinW

YAMAHA XT660R 2012

Post by AustinW »

Another vote for the R. We had two. Toured Southern Africa and over to Eastern Europe. Great bikes, comfy, frugal and reliable. We only sold as the wife decided she didn't want to ride any more. nethen has one of them, the other went over to York.
RandG

Post by RandG »

I hear what you are all saying but for me personally, I think the R model is hideous, sorry.

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”