Post by KTMBLAG »

mawse wrote:
KTMBLAG wrote:Put me down for 3 nights too
Be good to catch up with you again....
Yes bud. Missed it last year
wideparting

Re: Ullapool 2015

Post by wideparting »

yes please 1 plus one tent two nights.will probably wildcamp glencoe on the thursday night. j
cowling

Post by cowling »

Thanks for sorting this Dave.

Enjoyed all the rally's

Ullapool is my favourite

My name will be added after

I confirm at work tomorrow.

Cheers Neil.
africajim

Post by africajim »

Then you 've never been to Morayshire, take a tour through the forestry commission land down at the boars head and you'll be lucky if they don't crush your pride and joy coz that's what the normal is, they confiscate the bikes and crush them in Williamson's baler.
Yes, I'm quoting worst case scenario, but no point in ruining someone's trip to the Highlands by involving the wrath of the authorities.
But what would I know? I just live up here. Fair enough, go play in the woods, but I'll not join you with twenty bikes tearing up tracks. And you wonder why the Ullapool rally hasn't been on for a couple of yrs now?
Enjoy yourselves.
Honda, the power of dreams.
coyotedave

Post by coyotedave »

africajim wrote:Then you 've never been to Morayshire, take a tour through the forestry commission land down at the boars head and you'll be lucky if they don't crush your pride and joy coz that's what the normal is, they confiscate the bikes and crush them in Williamson's baler.
Yes, I'm quoting worst case scenario, but no point in ruining someone's trip to the Highlands by involving the wrath of the authorities.
But what would I know? I just live up here. Fair enough, go play in the woods, but I'll not join you with twenty bikes tearing up tracks. And you wonder why the Ullapool rally hasn't been on for a couple of yrs now?
Enjoy yourselves.
Not quite sure why you think that I'm putting the Ullapool rally on.

1 it's a great area of our country.
2 it's a favourite of the people on this forum, and a favourite of mine.
3 it's to bring like minded people together to enjoy the area.
4 it's to enjoy each other's tales over a drink in the evening.

I don't encourage riders to go tearing up the countryside in illegal places. I would hope that those who do attend will respect that.

I welcome you to the Ullapool rally as much as anyone else to enjoy the camping, or B+ B's in a lovely area of Scotland.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

I'm getting lost with this thread now...I don't even own an off-road bike and I'm going! (thumbs)
boatman

Post by boatman »

I recon you have it about right there Dave ,a good definition (thumbs) that's the point of a good rally for me (thumbs)

I do also see where Africa Jim is coming from also ,just pointing out for the avoidance of doubt that we we do have almost the right to roam freely in Scotland. (With walking boots) But not on bikes, only where it is legally permitted
We are lucky down here in South Scotland where we have some legal forest drives ,raiders road etc ,, ok when you know where and when
Looking forward to it. The midgies should all have packed their bags by then (thumbs)
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

KTMBLAG wrote:. . . . . Missed it last year
You didn't miss it cos it wasn't on, cos the guy that arranged the last one got peed off by many things ABR and walked away (thumbs)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
mabawza

Post by mabawza »

I would just like to point out my offer to show people places to go will not include off road only nice road runs for strangers to the area.

Return to “ABR Highlands rally Ullapool 4th-6th September 2015”