I bought the Honley

The Things We Ride
artic fox

I bought the Honley

Post by artic fox »

Well here it is, my new bike, the Honley RX3 Adventure.
What can I tell you so far, well it feels light and agile and very comfortable, it took me a little bit of time to get used to a smaller CC engine and the single cylinder engine noise but I really enjoyed the ride home on her which was about an hour and thirty minutes, (I took a few detours)but it was really good fun. I got it from F2 motorcycles (David Angel) and he was really helpful, he even does his own print out of all the running in procedures and servicing as the booklet that comes with it hasn't really translated that well :laugh:, I haven't taken her off road yet as that is a new thing for me to learn, the only down thing on the entire bike for me is that the panniers and top box are not removable unless you empty them first and undo the 4 nuts and bolts but I'm working on that, the colour in the photo isn't right for some reason it is more orange than it looks.
Anyway I will keep you posted on her to let you know how she stands up to wear and tear but David did cover her in AC50, I will also try to get some more photo's of our travells.
Finally, I think that I am really going to enjoy this bike (must think of a Name for her).
Peter
bimota

Re: I bought the Honley

Post by bimota »

don,t call her Peter :P :P
artic fox

Post by artic fox »

Don't know why the picture hasn't appeared, I'll have to wait for my lazy arse son to get out of bed to sort it, so pictures later
XF650

Post by XF650 »

Look forward to your write ups! (thumbs)
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Glad you like it mate, I'm also interested in future write ups (thumbs)

Don't forget to nip over to the Chinese bike thread and say hello :lol:
almar

Post by almar »

Looked at these at Earnshaws in Huddersfield last week, This is really good looking bike standard of build is very good and of course the price makes it well worth a second look, looking forward to your views after a few miles (thumbs)
Tink

Post by Tink »

Any update on what you think of it?
artic fox

Post by artic fox »

Well I went out on her today done about 80 miles going back up to see David Angel and apart from it stalling a couple of times it was a really nice ride and David sorted the problem out for me, the ride home was freezing and wet with small hale stones and strong side winds but the bike stayed firmly planted, the tires felt really grippy, I still haven't got her fully run in yet but on my way home I called into 2 wheel junkie as he wanted to see the bike and got talking to a guy who's mate has got one and he apparently can't say enough good things about it, all I can say is I've gone from finding excuses to not ride to can't wait to get out on her, I will have to get some heated grips though, my hands were hurting with the cold today but I didn't want to stop to warm them up as I was enjoying the ride so much, nothing has worked loose and nothing has fallen of or started to rust yet and it's surprising how much you can fit in them little panniers, I tested it all with my camping gear and some clothes for about a week and got it all in.
Tink

Post by Tink »

Thanks for the report on it so far, think they look great and look forward to hearing how you get on with it over the next few months,... (thumbs) (thumbs)
BikesAndTravels

Post by BikesAndTravels »

Please please keep me informed! This is the one single bike I've seen recently that I might seriously spending pennies on.
Bikes And Travels

Return to “BIKES”