If you had 10k what adventure bike would you buy?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
E.T.

Re:If you had 10k what adventure bike would you buy?

Post by E.T. »

mmmm not my taste, looks like micro scooter front wheel.
Warthog

Post by Warthog »

It has the looks only a very tolerant mother could love, but if it's about the ride and, as I said, it's meant to be nuts!!

I've ridden some hideous bikes but loved the ride itself and on those grounds I'd be tempted to buy but if it's not to your taste, fair enough.
AckAckFlack

Post by AckAckFlack »

I can't think of one bike I would spend money on as there isn't one that does everything.
I love my Varadero and Africa twin as this is the closest to swiss army knife of bike collections.
Set of TKC Tyres on the Africa Twin and soft panniers and it's off on the adventure.
Pile the tent and loads of kit on the varadero and off on the long mile munching trip.
I agree with AfricaJim about the Africa twin being over priced - having said that percentage wise it will be sold at a similar amout which can't be said for a new GS

The other bike I have ( very lucky) is a Suzuki DRZ 400 - total spend on the bikes £7k Plenty of money left to feed them and farkle them up :)
BBRR - Big Bike Rough Road Riders Group

It's all about how big it is and how Rough you use it :-)

The journey aimed to challenge the perception of blindness…

Usually People call me Sir... closely followed by 'You are making a scene!'

Post by Guest »

GSMATT wrote:
Warthog wrote:
An idea, an idea!! I've had an idea!!!

OK: now that in itself is worth a post but here is the next bit.

Have you considered one of these, in SM trim?

By all accounts the HP2 is supposed to be utterly bonkers!!
It certainly looks bonkers, is that why BMW have just discontinued its production. The front wheel doesnt look like it belongs on that bike its about a mile from the rest of the bike. Almost American chopper style
I've got an HP2, it was my second bike after riding a F650GS (thumper) for a year after passing my test. I commuted, toured 2 up and threw it down Welsh mountainsides on a regular basis. In the first year I put nearly 20,000 miles on it.

In terms of single bike that can do the most pretty well, the only other bike that comes close is the KTM950SE. And as a Supermoto - try 105HP and 85 foot pounds of torque in a 175KG package B)
Wozzy

Post by Wozzy »

karnevil wrote:

It just struck me as odd,Im a Burbage/Hinckley guy myself and would have fancied one,so the guy ind charge of the proddy line struck me as odd that it was not his choice.I even quized him as to wether it was taken as a comparison test,apparently not.Just repoting what I was told.
Anyways the KTM you are looking at and a GSA are not even in the same category really.Playing on mountain passes for the KTM yeah but mile crunching I dunno.
Hi Karnevil

I was born and lived in Burbage for many years now moved all the way to Hinckley and live within spitting distance of said Triumph factory, and to quote somethig mentionrd earlier in this thread regarding triumph guy maybe buying BMW as a snub to company not giving discounts the last i heard they were getting something like 40% as long as they kept the bike for a set period of time which was either 1 or 2 years, can't remember exactly.
herman

Post by herman »

Image Be that Ashdown Farm?
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.

Return to “THE PUB”