drying a bike easier

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
Tramp

drying a bike easier

Post by Tramp »

Top tip.come winter and the salt i used to wash bike down nightly with the hose pipe to dilute the salt..then grab the pefrol leafblower..and after blowing the autumn leaves away again..blast the bike and water flows away...easy and warms the hands up..

Cheaper than a compdessor and attachment...
coyotedave

Re: drying a bike easier

Post by coyotedave »

After a good wash I towle rub as much water off as I can, then start the engine and let it tick over until warm. This helps to dry the areas I can't get to. I have a hand held car vac that has blow as well as suck and use this to blow away the water.
That's just the start of my cleaning process. It's wheeld back into the garage so I can relieve my cleaning fetish :).

Cheers Dave.
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

Yep, use my leaf blower to dry the bike. And the lawnmower, the car and anything else which needs drying. It even gets used for leaf blowing around this time of the year.
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

Not too sure about washing it nightly with cold water ( although I would If I only rode it occasionally ) as the water will turn to ice and at 6 am not to clever on my sloping drive way. And warm air and water will only wake the salt up and start it working.
Reckon your best bet is preventative ACF50 treatment, then come spring when all salt has gone, deep clean and polish.
I use an Air Blaster like this http://www.performancemotorcare.com/aca ... Dryer.html got mine as a 50th pressie. Superb bit of kit

Return to “HOW TO..........”