Warning other Motorcyclists about speed traps

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
onslowe

Re: Warning other Motorcyclists about speed traps

Post by onslowe »

Thanks for the info, it will be thumbs down from me from now on as I probably looked a bit of an arse with my efforts. Fully understand that I could get in trouble for the warning but I thought the whole idea was to slow people down one way or another so different approach but same result. It was the 4x4 that you mention but he was just setting up when I passed, hope he didn't spoil too many peoples day. Hawes was bouncing, too busy for me, I just turned around and rode on.
Cheers,
Martin
Fordy

Post by Fordy »

johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

I don't see the need to warn others?

If they are exceeding the national 60mph speed on the Hawes A684 to Leyburn they deserve to get nabbed

Stick to 60mph and you'll fine (thumbs)

Razzing bikers around the Dales, are a pain in the arse
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
ysbytymike

Post by ysbytymike »

Riding through Llandeilo a year or so ago, when I crested the rise just above the railway tracks and there was a motorcycle officer with a camera on a tripod. I obey speed limits so I knew I had nothing to worry about.

Anyway, I'd been looking for an opportunity to photograph one of the two wheel boys manning a camera for some time, so stopped and asked him if he minded me taking pictures.
Really nice chap, "not a problem" he replied. Got chatting as I was taking the pictures and he said that the bike boys were pretty much all obeying the limits but he'd caught several cars speeding, one of which was doing over 50 in a 30 zone, overtaking on a bend whilst towing a trailer!!

There are stupid people out there, on two as well as four wheels. As far as warning oncoming traffic... 'Depends on the circumstances'. Driving / riding like dicks - No. Money making camera's - Yes.
Growing old is inevitable - Growing up is optional
Elle

Post by Elle »

johnnyboxer wrote:Razzing bikers around the Dales, are a pain in the arse
I was once of them. But after being in group rides where others were involved in accidents, I dropped out & now seek tiny roads where 45mph seems quick.

I don't always warn others. If I saw them riding like loonies, probably not.
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way

Return to “HOW TO..........”