Biker friendly Wales

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
Redmurty

Biker friendly Wales

Post by Redmurty »

I am looking for a biker friendly place in Wales for a Tiger meet next year can you guys recommend somewhere.

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
special one

Re: Biker friendly Wales

Post by special one »

Fforest fields by Builth Wells, no pub on site though but top facilities.
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
spasm

Post by spasm »

Rhayadar is next to elan valley lots of camp sites, a few pubs, which are nice to stay in, plenty of great biking round those parts, plus the reservoirs are amazing to see

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
I of the strom

Post by I of the strom »

Llandovery Rugby Club.

Perfect location for various types of ride outs, The Brecons (Top Gear test road starts here) Elan Valley, all the great roads through Mid Wales, Devils Bridge, gentle off-roading if required, even good roads down to the coast etc etc. The town has good accommodation options, pubs and restaurants, biker friendly cafes where the locals are happy to have a blether and the likes of Si Pavey drop in on occasions. The club itself is very welcoming (was cheap to camp when last used) and has a good clubhouse bar and excellent food - the steaks are some of the best around.

For me its a 5* location and well worth consideration.
lmac

Post by lmac »

http://www.giler.co.uk/

A few of us have been here the last two years with good craic and no problems.
Erogenous Jones

Post by Erogenous Jones »

There are plenty of decent stops in Wales. Funnily enough as I live in Mid Wales, I seem to ride past them and enjoy myself. One that is always pretty full is Crossgates just outside Llandrindod Wells (locals call it landod). This is a great place to stop and plan your ride. You have a choice of 4 brilliant roads 200 m away. At Rhayder, there is a v popular cafe in the town - park in the centre of the road by the clock tower - carry on a few miles and you end up at the Elan Valley visitor centre. Always a bike there. Do yourself a favour and take the mountain road in a circle around the lakes - single road with passing places with a couple of steep hairpins. Can be cold in the winter.

And of course, there are the roads leading up to Snowdonia National Park. Best to set off to Shrewsbury and head out to Llangollen pausing at the Ponderosa for a cuppa and a strecth of legs. Either carry on up through to Bala and then south to Machynlleth before coming back inland to Welshpool.

And of course, the roads to Aber are a joy. I am lucky in that having lived in this part of the world there are hidden roads like the Devils Staircase that can be enjoyed on my doorstep, but these days, just getting out on roads that for the most part are well maintained but often cruelly deceptive and riding them well is pleasure enough. Many of the roads here have very sharp corners and many are not marked by chevrons at all. Just put into practice taking full advantage of the outside line and using the vanishing point to determine your entry speed. Lots of riders from outside the area run out of talent on corners.

If you are involved in an accident, there is a good chance that there is no mobile signal. There are during the summer months, large yellow "bike aware" signs - on the reverse are the co-ordinates should you need emergency assistance.
jasext

Post by jasext »

South , Mid or North Wales and how many you expect to have at the meet ?
Daz Brecon

Post by Daz Brecon »

The Castle hotel Brecon, lots of riders go here especially during kinder weather, see lots of riders from Europe turn up in groups, plenty of parking, large garden stunning views, it's my local excellent base for cracking rides
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

If your on the trail bikes and don't want to carry camping gear, Ty Morgan in the centre of Rhayader is very Biker friendly even for a bunch of trail riders wandering through the hotel soaked in wet mud. They have a secured area at the rear for bikes, and drying facilities. Room rates are good if sharing and the food is excellent.

Sarge
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

I've been to a couple of bike meet and camped at Wyeside Camp Site http://www.wyesidecamping.co.uk/home.html

It's also just a short walk into town and some good pubs etc.

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”