ABR Forum Salisbury Plain Rally 15th - 17th August 2014 *Sign Up Thread* **Direction pics page 21"

Mike101

Re: ABR Forum Salisbury Plain Rally 15th - 17th August 2014 *Sign Up Thread* **Direction pics page 21"

Post by Mike101 »

shed wrote:Hi mike can u take me and +1 of the list as ive got to work.
Will do..see you next time.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
~ACP~

Re: ABR Forum Salisbury Plain Rally 15th - 17th August 2014 *Sign Up Thread* **Direction pics page 21"

Post by ~ACP~ »

sexysi wrote:Published .gpx file route of the salisbury plain ride.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/kentbyways/

Check out my post in our facebook group, which should link into mapmyride and allow you to view and download the .gpx file. I have opened it up to Public so should be no problem anyone viewing.

Cheers Si
Si, all I can see through your facebook link is your mapmyride profile. A pop-up says your workout is Private. Or that's what happens for me anyway.
Womble

Post by Womble »

Unfortunately I'm not able to make the weekend, so off the list for me please.

Cheers

However Chris (Godspeed) will be there on his oh so slow MT and wants to take on the really tricky lanes :whistle: ... tee hee
Enfield Himalayan... apparently they're Marmite... not keen on Marmite, but like Vegemite
YBR125... the little adventure steed of awesomeness
Ben Earle

Post by Ben Earle »

Hi Mike

What time does the no. 2 group ride out from the campsite on Saturday morning? I am bringing two mates along but we will only be there for the ride out on Saturday.
Also, what is the fee for the ride-out only?

Much obliged!
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Ben Earle wrote:Hi Mike

What time does the no. 2 group ride out from the campsite on Saturday morning? I am bringing two mates along but we will only be there for the ride out on Saturday.
Also, what is the fee for the ride-out only?

Much obliged!
The ride out are free and will leave no earlier than 10 am on the Saturday. If you can give me an idea of bikes and ability I will make sure they get in the right group.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Ben Earle

Post by Ben Earle »

Great, thank you.
Yamaha XT660R (2006), BMW R1200GS (2006) BMW R1200 GS Adventure (2008) all on Metzeler Tourance rubber.
We all have a medium off-road skill level and would like to get down and dirty but nothing to technical. (...although we would give anything a shot!)
I also have a fourth mate on his BMW 650 Dakar who might join us in the same group if possible.

Thank you and we look forward to Saturday!
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Well folks today I ran the route again with Slideways and Spannerfingers. From the campsite and back it's about 100 miles with about 75 of them off road.

Despite the warnings of impending doom from the sky we stayed pretty much dry. The plain is still dusty on the main trails but there are loads of nice puddles to play with. Some are look deep but they are not and all have solid firm bottoms to them so we all be fine.

I think we will now have 4 big bike rides if everybody shows up who asked said they will..unlikely I know.

For those who have the tyres and ability there will now be two big bike groups for those with good skills wishing to get a bit muddy and do more technical things.

And there will still be two further groups for those with limited skill and Tourance type tyres...but don't worry as you will still get a bit muddy as well.

There is a fair bit if rain forecast for this week so I will keep an eye on the big puddles to see how they are looking.

That's all for now.

Mike
sexysi

Post by sexysi »

Cheers mike thanks for the update.
si
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

2013 Triumph tiger 800 xc

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentbyways

http://www.kent-byways.co.uk/

Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

An important update for you all here so please take note.

After talking to the club i ahev agreed a new route to the field that does not go over any football pitches.

The pic below shows the entry road. Please follow the road to the right and down past where the parked cars are in this pic.

WP_20140720_004_2014-08-11.jpg
WP_20140720_004_2014-08-11.jpg (23.37 KiB) Viewed 1836 times
On this next pic you will see two sets of large double black gates to my left. These lead form the car park across a footpath and into the camp field. Please take this route. The gates will be open from 9am on Friday.
WP_20140720_006_2014-08-11.jpg
WP_20140720_006_2014-08-11.jpg (38.46 KiB) Viewed 1836 times
When you get there please head into the field and pick a spot. Rememebr it looks small but it goes back a long way and if it gets full i have another field i can use.

I may not be there until around 15:30 so please do you own thing. You will see my tent in the field and the camp fire setup.

See you all there.

Mike
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Dogs are allowed on the camps site as long as they do not go on the football pitches.

Mike

Return to “ABR Salisbury Plain Rally 15th - 17th August 2014”