Oh this is where James has been hiding

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
James691

Re: Oh this is where James has been hiding

Post by James691 »

Hi Al,

:) I've not been hiding mate - just busy and I've been shown this and while I would not post about what I'm doing on another site I thought it best to end some rumours.

There has been no 'fall out' at all and I/We (just for you FL) are still great friends. It was simply a case that I wanted to do more but couldn't do that working with ABR - I wish it was not the case and perhaps in the future it won't be :)

MEM has nothing to do with ABR and the only reason that it may re-direct for any webaddress is if ABR has bought similar address sets and had them as re-direct (as many publications and companies do).

The magazine is free and just shows as free for 6 months as the subscription is set up for 6 issues a year. I'm not sure I'd put in the mag that we/I have nothing to do with ABR as it would sound confrontational and also MEM is global and many outside of the UK don't know of ABR. You would not see Ride print that they have nothing to do with Visordown in the same way I suppose.

I've no idea on the Taffy - the font set is the same across most of the sets in MEM and the pictures are sent in by the writer as is the feature.

I've in no way made out that MEM has anything to do with ABR or any other magazine for that matter.

People will either like it or they won't and then of course the fraction that loves nothing more than to complain about anything and perhaps stir a tad of drama ... even for something that's free.

MEM is not set up in competition to anyone as it's a free magazine in another media, so the cash flow of buyers and subscribers is not removed in any way from the market.

If I thought this would hurt Alun in any way then I wouldn't be doing it.

Thanks for the support and I hope that clears up any rumour of a drama going on :)

P.S Freeloader - your punctuation is horrible. :laugh:
Dancing in the moonlight
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

James - be careful about punctuation criticism - just flicking though your e-mag and I spotted two glaring spelling mistakes ( and that was without really trying)! :laugh:

Good luck with it mate.

Paul :)
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Redmurty wrote:Free mag then it says six issues free ?

cheers Spud ;)
I spotted that as well Spud but decided not to comment as I thought it might make me look tight! :laugh:

Thanks to James for clearing that one up.

James691

Post by James691 »

PaulG wrote:James - be careful about punctuation criticism - just flicking though your e-mag and I spotted two glaring spelling mistakes ( and that was without really trying)! :laugh:

Good luck with it mate.

More than happy to take the flack Paul :) I'm in the wrong game if you're easy to insult and I would imagine the emag is going to be a grammar Nazi paradise along with typos galore! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As long as it entertains and people get some riding ideas then I will keep on developing and striving for better ;) It's all I can do!
Dancing in the moonlight
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I've been trying for two hours to get it to load!
Not sure joomag is the best outlet. More interested in scamming your email address than showing the mag

Good luck anyway James, I will keep trying.
Maybe you can offer some real world reviews on kit on not just for those who pay you the most :whistle:

Ade
moto al

Post by moto al »

Hi James.glad your ok il give you a bell next week.take care.al (thumbs)
moto al
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

James good luck with your new venture, knowing your job and the amount of kids you have your a better man than me for finding the time to even think about doing something so time consuming. Hopefully it will lead to a new income stream and more time at home with the family and a happier life style for you.

Good luck (thumbs)

cheers Spud
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Paul

Post by Paul »

A wise man, well Bernard Smith actually :sick: told me that those who get out there a do something on a public platform must expect the naysayers to do their best to put you down.
I have had the same when trying to push my books and got quite upset and wondering why people are so bitter and twisted, I produced them just for interest and a bit of fun, hardly a career change or retirement fund.
I believe it has something to do with a lack of brain power on some peoples part that all they can do is critisize, best of luck with all of your endeavors James and Craig (Largewayround) for that matter.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Paul, Simple answer mate they don't have the balls or imagination to do things themselves hence the jealousy and their negative response.

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Well I got to the mag after a while and I think it's brilliant.
Well done James, I couldn't believe how much content there was. How on earth will you be able to sustain that level of quality and quantity !

All the best going forward

Ade

Return to “THE PUB”