poll - living in Britain

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
AndyB

Re: poll - living in Britain

Post by AndyB »

boboneleg wrote:
special one wrote:
jeez this forum gets worse by the day.

Stop taking things so bloody serious ffs, life's too short.
You are so right there, I think I'm done with this forum, started off with all good intentions but gone to pot now :(
What makes this so comical is the fact that there's another thread running at the moment some posters bitching about someone getting too short a sentence for murder/manslaughter (the choice is yours) and even advocating topping the bloke!

I doubt very much if he went out that morning with the intention of killing someone (that's what premeditated murder is by the way) but he fucked up and killed him. Now by my reckoning that deserves at least 15 years in nick rather than the 4 years he got but some think he should go to the wall. Who's taking things too seriously now?

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry when it's necessary to pussy foot around things rather than say what you really think. If I reckon someone's out of order I'll say so and I'd hope the same would be done to me if I go too far.

Bob, don't give up because if too many people do that we can't argue either in favour or against something and the lunatics will be running the asylum.
chico

Post by chico »

johnnyboxer wrote:Just a thought......

If you are unhappy in the UK and wish to move abroad, what is it you are searching for abroad

Summarise in one paragraph, a short & concise reply.............. to what attracts you to a life abroad

not to be as settled as you are.............each to their own, what you value may be different to what I value
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

chico wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote:Just a thought......

If you are unhappy in the UK and wish to move abroad, what is it you are searching for abroad

Summarise in one paragraph, a short & concise reply.............. to what attracts you to a life abroad

not to be as settled as you are.............each to their own, what you value may be different to what I value
Fair enough, good answer

We all have to be content in our inner self, to achieve fulfillment
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
chico

Post by chico »

:laugh: :laugh:

TBH I was expecting a 10 page "discussion" I couldn't really be bothered with :)

but I will say....for me, the appeal of the EU (at least) is the state of flux its in at the moment, financially and socially....that creates a buzz I like, there is hint of change, a looseness I like, I feel more alive there, although fundamentally we need structure/order in our life.....I don't think the ones we have now are the finished result...it seems a bit like a contraption to me, and the intensity of the UK reflects it the most (in all its guises)

if that makes sense.... :laugh:
haggis

Post by haggis »

I live in Australia, been here 22 years.

I still miss the humour, culture, heritage and the general depth of people there.

Yes Im sitting looking out of my office, blue sky & sunshine at a lake in a new clean area, rush hour is ducks walking by. I dont have to work too hard and despite Perth being very expensive can afford to fly home to UK every year. This is just as well as I'm bored shitless!

You can ask a migrant here, are they 60/40 ot 80/20 etc. Meaning how much % are they happy being here. I believe a lot say around 70/30. I'm currently 60/40, when it goes 40/60 I'll leave and come home. Such is the mental torment of an easy life here.

You may all laugh but .. in UK;
people can drive better
people have sense of humour
the cities and diverse architecture are awesome
probably lots of other things i cant think of.

I'm not bagging Australia, it may be huge, but puddle deep. UK is small but has depth of character.
I know a few who came here and got bored, went home.

As I travel around the world I keep thinking mostly, "glad I don't live here" only places I thought I could live were, Devon, York, Argyll, South of France & California.
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

"can afford to fly home to UK"

In a nut shell , 22 years in Oz and the "UK" is home .....after a very short time home was
46350 France for me.

Took Jax nearly 5 years before she got off the plane in Limoges and say "It's good to be HOME" girls !!!!

I feel very lucky not only to live here but TO "LIVE" HERE

Phil
GOG 007

Post by GOG 007 »

Elle

Post by Elle »

Not sure how that's related to this thread but I know it wasn't my Irish dad - he's been dead for 2 decades! ;)
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way

Return to “THE PUB”