Do you ride through winter?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Bernard Smith

Re: Do you ride through winter?

Post by Bernard Smith »

Yep, only have bikes. Gave up cars a while ago.

Reader’s Digest on TOUCHING THE WORLD - “…rueful, irreverent, always incredibly vivid, unfailingly honest, a powerful love story in a book crammed with astonishing achievements.”

http://www.worldtour.org.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... wpoints=1/
digitalcaptive

Post by digitalcaptive »

I ride most days except in the most extreme conditions although this year bought myself an Africa Twin RD04 as a winter hack and tucked the trumpet away (thumbs)
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

digitalcaptive wrote:I ride most days except in the most extreme conditions although this year bought myself an Africa Twin RD04 as a winter hack and tucked the trumpet away (thumbs)
I was just thinking...

I'm sure I started a thread asking this very question months ago :S
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
IndigoSteve

Post by IndigoSteve »

First winter season riding after a long break. Out there as much as I can at the moment but slightly nervous of the icy days!!

Don't want to do too much damage to the new baby GS.

Fab day today for riding, clear skies, bright sunshine, heated jacket and a smile.
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

Ooohhh - close one this morning. Didn't feel cold when I went outside at 5am. Enjoyed looking at the moon low in the sky. Pulled bike out of garage and sent off for work - bottom of hill touch brakes aaaaggggg black ice! Front locked up and had to do ABS impression with legs out - just as my ice warning light came to life.....bit f***ing late! Very steady ride into work. Very iffy hill that. Nearly had me off three times now.
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

Very dodgy morning, think it caught a lot of people out. After my ice off before xmas im much more careful, but tis hard when the ice is random.
I thought id picked up a puncture, there was so much movement. Feet still defrosting
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Sand Rover

Post by Sand Rover »

yeh i ride all winter, not just pulling the bike out at the weekend i commute 50 miles a
day, its not been cold this year but has been very wet.

i will say one thing about commuting all year, it turns your bike into a pile of crap
i have a hack just for commuting on, i cover it in acf 50 and wd40 but it still eats it
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

50 Mile + commute for me too. Best thing is to have a hack you don't care about, I don't even bother with ACF or WD40 anymore.
HarveyCamm

Post by HarveyCamm »

Yep 300 work miles a week + pleasure rides in anything short of snow. Did a fun ride at the weekend with local UKGSER mob and waded my Pan Euro through axle deep water at one point - hoping that the panniers would act as floatation chambers :woohoo: good fun.

Harv
The Wilbur

Post by The Wilbur »

The wee GS gets used for short, 5 mile, commute almost all the time, but there is now the free bus pass as back-up (thumbs) although Sunday 'services' are really cr*p :huh:
SUCK : SQUEEZE : BANG : BLOW

www.f650.co.uk

Return to “THE PUB”