Functional Knee Test Part 3

Where you've been and what you done
Steve T

Functional Knee Test Part 3

Post by Steve T »

Yet another weekend is here and I thought it best to test out the serviceability of my damaged knee (yet again) by forcing myself out onto the roads around the Highlands.
Weekend before last I did a 200 mile trip and was left with a huge grin and a slightly sore knee. Last weekend I did a 250 mile trip (that was Part 2 of the testing regime)– the grin was even bigger and the knee not really sore at all.
Today I put 300 miles under my wheels, in the company of Mick (Snowdin fm the XRV forum) on his 700 Transalp.
We met up at Ferness, Mick having travelled over the Lecht from Torphins. Here’s my steed for the day soaking up the sunshine whilst waiting for Mick . .
After meeting up in luverly suhshine, we set off, with our destination for the day being the Pie shop in Lochinver – famed for both the variety and quality of it’s produce. To get there we had to force our way up horribly winding roads ;) , past Ullapool (missing out the chip shop – we were on a Pie quest after all!). The weather on route got a bit foggy :( , but we battled on into more sunshine once past Garve.
Here you see the bikes resting outside said Pie shop, after having endured edge to edge action on their rubber rings . . . .
Once the riders had tested the shops produce – the venison & cranberry pie was excellent – we set out in search of a route south. We got a bit “side-tracked” when passing an open forestry gate, as one does :whistle: . . . .
You can’t tell from the picture, but Mick was a bit un-settled by this bit of off-road riding – he’d not done much before and he’d just followed me onto an earlier bit that was inches deep in BIG granite chunks. At 30+ mph my steed got a bit “skittery” at both ends :whistle: . Micks back end apparently felt the same as he hit the stones:ohmy: !
For my sins I was given the penance of finding some nerve quenching caffine & munchy cakes – Falls of Shin it was then. From here we headed over the Struie, with me on Mick’s 700 Alp. A bit “squidgy” when compared with the Tenere was the feeling I was left with after riding the Alp.

And finally – the knee! All appears to be fine :)
So that’s me sorted and ready for the trip to the Boil.

Now, what can be my excuse for a ride out tomorrow . . . . . . .

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
LargeWayRound

Re: Finctional Knee Test Part 3

Post by LargeWayRound »

All this forced riding in beautiful sunshine is not good for you Steve....
Hahahah

Nice day for it .. I was up to Glen Shee, bedding in the new sprockets and chain .. All well .. Nothing fell off .. Good

Great Report ..... Question did you manage to lower the tenere
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

LargeWayRound wrote:All this forced riding in beautiful sunshine is not good for you Steve....
I know. Ain't life hell :lol:
LargeWayRound wrote:Question did you manage to lower the tenere
Tried the lowering links, which did what it say's on the can, but the side stand needs to be lowered as well. Without shortening it, the bike stands nearly vertical on level ground.
So the standard links are back on and I just have to climb on board using the foot peg, at least until the knee's fully sorted :whistle:

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Nice report and pics Steve, see ya next week at the Boil. :cheer:
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
africajim

Post by africajim »

Well, you're not the only ones to clock up a few miles today in the sun! Only 200 though.

My trip was from Elgin to Dallas, across country to Carrbridge, on to Aviemore and up to the Cairngorm ski centre. Onwards toTomintoul via Nethy Bridge, over the Lecht to Corgarff then on to Ballater. From Deeside over the hill to Strathdon and back to Tomintoul. Dufftown to Craigellachie, Rothes and home!

Forecast's good for tomorrow and Fiona wants to get some miles onto the Ickle GS in prep for her long run to the boil next weekend! Nothing planned yet but we'll see!

Here's a couple of pics from today;

snow_2011-04-09.jpg
snow_2011-04-09.jpg (161.15 KiB) Viewed 1580 times
Cairngorm_2011-04-09.jpg
Cairngorm_2011-04-09.jpg (223.9 KiB) Viewed 1580 times
lost.jpg
lost.jpg (212.76 KiB) Viewed 1580 times
Honda, the power of dreams.
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Great Pictures Jim

I have to go to a family thing tomorrow .. arrgggghhh

Anyways , see you Friday at Braemar

p.s. I was taking to the lassie at the Hungry Highlander today regards Friday 10am . They usually open at 12noon but she said that she would send someone down to open for us .. Excellent
Roadcat

Post by Roadcat »

africajim wrote:
lost.jpg
Haha great pic! Next time carry a map!
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

In answer to my own question at the beginning of this thread, today I went up a hill on my AT . . .

Then I came back again . . .

Just a 100 mile bimble this morning, but that track just had to be ridden up. Well, the gate was open, so somebody wanted me to "go see" what was over the hill :whistle: ;)

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

africajim

Post by africajim »

Steve, I was talking to a guy today regarding forestry commission access, if they get the bike stopped they are confiscating the bikes and you have to pay to get the bike back! Dunno if you've heard anything like that? Certainly food for thought!
Never mind, on the road today again, over to Craigellachie, up the Speyside road past Knockando to Grantown. Headed over the Davah, back dow to Dallas then home. A good run on the Ickle Beemer! Probably its last outing for this winter! All sorted out for the Boil on Friday, looking forward to it!
Honda, the power of dreams.

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”