Vertically challenged ?

The Things We Ride
desertraider

Re: Vertically challenged ?

Post by desertraider »

eat more pies , this then compresses the suspension hence feet on floor lol:whistle:
OB1

Post by OB1 »

The trouble is, my feet only just reach the floor when I'm standing up! :blink: :woohoo: :blink:
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
strimstrum

Post by strimstrum »

desertraider wrote:eat more pies , this then compresses the suspension hence feet on floor lol:whistle:
As anyone who knows me will testify.... I've obviously eaten more than my fair share of pies but still I'm on tippy toes
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

Hello MrFreeMarket & welcome

I've seen a few Monsters with added protection for off roading, bloody great looking bikes
you can set the hight that suits you
maybe an option

For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

tommo tenere

Post by tommo tenere »

snaphappy wrote:Hello MrFreeMarket & welcome

I've seen a few Monsters with added protection for off roading, bloody great looking bikes
you can set the hight that suits you
maybe an option

Now i'm liking that!!! Looks cool !!
africajim

Post by africajim »

I'm impressed with that Monster!

Fiona's trying to order a new G650GS through our local dealer. Looks like a cracking bike, especially at the price.
Honda, the power of dreams.
jonny955

Post by jonny955 »

My SO is also vertically challenged (5ft 2ins) and has chosen an Adventure bike to give her confidence off-road. She could have chosen something taller and heavier but didn't want the disadvantages that go with it. Her bike is light (about 125kg with farkles), comfortable (283 miles+ per day saddle), economical(100mpg with EFI) and good off road with a 180 section rear tyre. It's also a doddle to service and parts are cheap.

In fact, it's so good that I bought one too. So, for any short-a*rses with adventurous outlooks, MEET THE TWINS...

Hill.JPG
Hill.JPG (74.46 KiB) Viewed 2291 times
Jon
Roadcat

Post by Roadcat »

You could try carrying a ladder like this little guy
africajim

Post by africajim »

Have to agree with most here, the Ickle Beemers the way forward mate.

My Fiona suffers the same problem as you and after weeks of trying every bike known to man she settled for the F650 GS, dropped the forks an inch through the yokes and screwed the preload down and she manages fine. She liked it so much she's ordered a new G650GS after sitting on one at the bike show in Edinburgh last month. She also manages my Ickle Beemer, an F650ST, so there's a couple that might be of use to you.
The Rotax engine's a peach and will run for ever more, plenty of them going around so a bargain to be had if you shop around. I've given my Ickle Beemer a hard life over the winter, including falling off a couple of times! But can't fault the little bike, it pulls like a train, keeps up with the competition and is a proven world tourer!
Honda, the power of dreams.

Return to “BIKES”