Exmoor Rally December 2013

Don1960

Re: Exmoor Rally December 2013

Post by Don1960 »

lonepilgrim wrote:
jonperry64 wrote:
lonepilgrim wrote:People are more than welcome to join me, JonPerry64 and Womble ....

I am planning to leave junction 12 of the M5 at Gloucester South dependent on what Mr Perry is doing ....

Don1960 do you want to join us?
I'll meet you at Sainsburys in Bridgwater at 130 John - as discussed. I might join Tea007's party for my first leg.
Or me and Don could meet you at Minehead if easier for you? Otherwise I will see you at Bridgwater Sainsburys at approximately 130pm ....

Don1960 I will meet you just off the motorway at junction 21 for 1pm? That way we can bimble down the motorway to meet Jon at Sainsburys?
sorted ... see you at 1 on Friday, there a roadworks on the roundabout at the moment, don't know were i'll be waiting without causing traffic issues, we'll see closer to Friday. I'll be on my yellow F800GS
lonepilgrim

Post by lonepilgrim »

I am on a red Kawasaki Tengai ... If I hang a left off the roundabout at first exit as I enter heading south bound I will be on the A370 heading towards Bristol ... There are a few laybys and entrances there not far from the roundabout and will be easier than using the dual carriageways into W-S-M ... I have PM'd you my number

Then we have 30 minutes to get down to Bridgwater to meet Jon as there are roadworks on the M5 too with 50 mph average speed cameras :(
ABR Welsh Rally Brecon Beacons 2012

HUBB Donington Park 2013

ABR Exmoor Rally 2013

Member of the Kawasaki Riders Club

My bikes: 1995 Kawasaki KLX 250 E3

1989 Kawasaki Tengai KL650 B1

Previous bikes: 2009 Yamaha YZF R125 Fiat Team / Rossi Replica
Bigtim

Post by Bigtim »

Boo Cock, the front page has all the details, the campsite is at Mortehoe which is near to Woolacombe which isn't far from Barnstaple and nowhere near Totnes.

We took a ride across this morning and had a lovely chat with our hostess and chief caterer for the weekend and confirmed the menu and numbers she is catering for. We also confirmed that if anyone wants to turn up early then it isn't a problem they will let you in and point you in the direction of the bit of the site we are going to use.

I took some pics and will post them tomorrow showing the entrance to the site as there was some confusion last year regarding the site entrance, apparently if you use a satnav it tells you to turn right down a lane immediately next to the site entrance towards a little village called Lee. Ignore your Satnavs and carry on an extra 20yds and the campsite is on your right next to a postbox. I will if I get chance try and make a bright orange arrow or sign to point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps

Tim
Womble

Post by Womble »

lonepilgrim wrote:I am on a red Kawasaki Tengai ... If I hang a left off the roundabout at first exit as I enter heading south bound I will be on the A370 heading towards Bristol ... There are a few laybys and entrances there not far from the roundabout and will be easier than using the dual carriageways into W-S-M ...
The lay-by immediately off the A370 has gone with the roadworks, but the one further along near Puxton Park with a chuck wagon is still there
Enfield Himalayan... apparently they're Marmite... not keen on Marmite, but like Vegemite
YBR125... the little adventure steed of awesomeness
APD_660Ten

Post by APD_660Ten »

Gutted! Gonna have to dip out of this one. Had a bit of an accident that resulted in a smashed kneecap. :-(
ratass

Post by ratass »

hope it aint to bad chap,i got an op on mine wed so not sure i will make it and i only live about 10 miles away.
APD_660Ten

Post by APD_660Ten »

Cheers... Sat in a hospital bed at the moment the verdict comes at 9 tomorrow. To Op or not to Op :S Had it confirmed that it is 3 pieces which ain't great!

Good luck with yours.
ratass

Post by ratass »

i got hit by a 5ton skip that slid of a lorry and twatted me across the yard in feb ,knees not been right since
APD_660Ten

Post by APD_660Ten »

Ouch! Mine wasn't anything as spectacular, took a shortcut in the dark and got my foot stuck in a tyre someone had dumped... Ended up on the floor before I knew what had happened!
lonepilgrim

Post by lonepilgrim »

What are the costs for food now the catering is sorted? Wondering if i should even bring my stove or just buy snacks as and when if needed
ABR Welsh Rally Brecon Beacons 2012

HUBB Donington Park 2013

ABR Exmoor Rally 2013

Member of the Kawasaki Riders Club

My bikes: 1995 Kawasaki KLX 250 E3

1989 Kawasaki Tengai KL650 B1

Previous bikes: 2009 Yamaha YZF R125 Fiat Team / Rossi Replica

Return to “December 2013 - ABR Exmoor Rally 6th, 7th 8th”