Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Andy A

Re: Which 4x4

Post by Andy A »

VW T4 SYNCRO ;)
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

Richard Simpson wrote:I would be inclined to believe the mileage on the Hilux pick-up. I don't think the coastguard do many miles.

The vehicle will have been near the sea for all its life, and probably driven into it a few times, so there might be some rust.
Really... You don't say? :laugh:
GUNDOG

Post by GUNDOG »

Hilux ;) (thumbs)

If you want a drive of mine let me know. not far from you..
Treat every situation like a dog..

If you can't hump it or eat it, piss on it and walk away.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Onto my 3rd one of these :P

Passed a few Disco's and RR, in muddy conditions in fields and at shoots

SUV..........but plenty of room for kids/dogs and very good in snow/mud and averages well over 40mpg

You'll soon get fed up of mpg in the 20's, as a daily driver

I'd get a cheap Jimny/Landie for laning or offroading - you don't want to dent/scratch a £7k Hilux/Cruiser etc - just get a £1500 banger for the lanes
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
mrdelmonti

Post by mrdelmonti »

With regards to the Toyota Colorado there's absolutely nothing wrong with the 3l engine so long as the correct coolant is used (toyo red) and I'd avoid the auto box as they can cause problems.

I used to be a big Land Rover nut but since owning a Landcruiser I honestly can't see me ever going back to a green oval, in fact I think the only competitor I would even consider is a Nissan Patrol.
*Touring Ted*

Post by *Touring Ted* »

bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Lada cossack or a little zook sj410 very underated 4x4
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

bond_yzf wrote:Lada cossack or a little zook sj410 very underated 4x4
Plus you won't be too precious about denting it
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
gothbiker

Post by gothbiker »

a few thoughts to add to this, im a land rover nut, currently have a discovery td5es,my second one, I nearly get 30mpg, its simple to work on, check out the d2 boys website, theres lots of people who will come out with a diagnostic computer, ive also had land rover 90s and a few series 2s, I've also had a shogun, my best mate had a nissan patrol, another a santana, check out the parts prices, land rover parts are cheap, 99% of the jobs can be done outside in the street using basic tools, the patrol had 3 engines before it was scrapped, fella could of bought a really good 4x4, melted pistons one, drop a valve another time, think the original engine didnt like its head gaskets, my shogun was awful, in the 6 months I owned it, it cost a fortune in spares, jobs where a pain in the arse, the satana, good price, really hard to find parts, one half shaft ended up being cnc machined because nobody could find one in europe, my discovery so far, has cost a new set of tyres, the shocks didnt look so good so i changed the shocks and springs, cost 250, a few services and thats it, the only mods are 2 inch suspension lift, taller tyres (original ones were f***ed) centre difflock levers, and recovery points, I use it for off roading, shifting my dog and also with a bike trailer at times, good thing is you can buy them for a good price, your budget would get a low mileage, full service history top spec model, test drive one and see what you think, im 6ft2, its comfy, ive done a few 600 mile weekend trips and even the dog is happy with the aircon.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Ted is right, get this one.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

Return to “THE PUB”